Ever played with a file upload system called GMX?

As part of a new job I'm going to be working with a sytem called GMX. The system runs on SunOS / Solaris and provides secure / encrypted file transfer facilities, as best I can tell it came out of a French SW house some time ago. I've got internal documenation that will allow me to do what I need to but I'm curious about just what the system is and what issues might be known with it. I've just not been able to find anything from the Google I had and know you guys get exposure to a lot of software.

Any info much appreciated.

That was pretty much my question! It's just taking files from client PC's over the net and dropping the files into a file store that gets polled by a mainframe. It looks very much like a very secure FTP server that makes use of SSL to transmit an already encrypted file. Given the nature of it's use I would not be shocked to hear that it is just a hardened version of sftp.

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
I have heard of a GMX "system" about to be used by the UK government, it encrypts data to be sent by email or on physical media, the resultant file/email is self extracting providing the recipiant has the required keys.

I think there was an article about it on TheRegister back in the summer...

Having had more of a read today it appears that certainly the client side compoents were in house. As far as reporting bugs goes as I'm going to be doing some of the admin they would rather know who found it... and that they ain't gonna talk ;)