bsktkase78

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Hi, i got a problem here with a new computer that i built. Everythings hooked up correctly and plugged in so i try to install windows xp pro and everytime i try to choose install from cd it hangs on the inspecting hardware screen. sometimes it'll hang and other times it'll just go to a black screen. Everything checks correctly as being found, like the cd drive, hard drive, shows up on the first screen where it shows u the memory count, etc. Its a SATA seagate drive 160 gb. I've swapped cables, even power connections, and still nothing would fix this. I'm thinking ok well it might be the board or something wrong there with the SATA connection, so i install a SATA pci card and try it with that, but i still get the same message freeze with inspecting hardware. So im really hoping someone can help me here with my problem and make me able to get my new comp here working. thanks in advance for any help. my motherboard is a gigabyte, ga-ma69vm-s2 and im using an amd 64x2 dual core 3800+. memory is 1gb (2x512) ddr2 dual channel, pny.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

Great, every now and then you get lucky and the simple solution works