Mapped Network Drives, 802.1x problem

neowankenobi

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Hello,

I work at a school district here in FL and we have come across a strange issue. When someone logs into windows, sometimes our kix script will not run and the network drives will not map no matter how many times we log off and
log back in. The only solution we can find is disabling the IEEE 802.1x setting on the authentication tab of the local area connection. It doesn't seem to be happening with all of our systems and seems to be sporadic. :pt1cable: As soon as we disable this setting and log back in the drives will map. Any idea why this is happening and anyone have a solution? :heink:

Our PC's are running Windows XP Pro w/SP2 and our servers are Win 2k3.

Thanks!
Tim

riser

Illustrious
In your GPOs, set the computers to "Always wait for the network connection."

The wireless connection isn't being established in time, thus the Kix script isn't running which maps your drives.

You can do this via GPO or Local Security Settings.
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

neowankenobi

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
I would love to change that setting if these computers were wireless which they aren't. Would this same setting apply to wired connections?

Tim

riser

Illustrious
Yeah, it is possible. The connection may be slow or when you log in the network doesn't connect until after Windows loads.

Check it out and that should fix your problem.

G

Hi, i have tried it works for desktop PC but not for notebook user

G

i have tried it for desktop PC, it works fine but not for notebook user, may i know how to get it fix ?