Flashget & Rapidshare problem

5aq1b

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
Not sure if this is the right thread so mods, please move accordingly

Up until last week, i was downloading files from Rapidsahare with Flashget with no problem at all. But now, if i have a queue of say 10 files, some of them will time out and then obviously proceed onto the next one, which works ok. Even then, it takes a while for it to start downloading. I then have to manually press "start" on the timed out file, and 9 times out of 10, it will download.

If i paste the link into the browser, again i get a slow response but eventually it will start downloading. Response is around 15 - 20 seconds. Used to start downloading instantly before.

I have a premium account with r/share and Flashget has been setup properly as it worked a treat for 6 months or so. But im guessingthe problem is not with Flashget as i receive a slow response from my browsers.

Contacted both rapidshare and my ISP and they are saying that it is no fault of theirs.

I can provide tracerts here if anyone wishes but i just do not know what the problem is?

arunithamohan

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I am using flashget 1.73 Builds 128. I am facing a problem that when I put many files on que for downloading after some time it stops automatically.
something is blocking file transfer and I have to restart the machine again then only the download resume. :(
so I need to sit in front of my machine for restart!!!!

majmovan

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
Hi,
This is mainly cause by some antivirus and internet firewalls like kaspersky internet security. You just have to add your Flashget and other application which are causing problems downloading to the trusted application list of those applications. In my case i have kaspersky antivirus and i had same problem for flashget and firefox, now both issues resolved successfully.
Hope it helps.

Cheers.

nrattihalli

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Hi,
I am facing a very peculiar problem with flashget 3.3 version. Infact this problem was there with my earlier versions of flashget. The problem is when I download anything using flashget, my broadband connection downloads more than what I download. For example, if I download a 100mb file using flashget, initially the flashget downloads with full speed, but as the download progresses, the download speed decreases and my isp connection shows more than 100mb data download. When the download is finished, I would have downloaded more than 200mb data. Unless I manually disconnect the broadband connection, my connection is still downloading data. This happen only when I use the flashget with no other program or website running.
Has any body experienced this type of problem earlier?????
Nagesh . R

shoury032

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hi,

Even I have been facing this problem, and I wrote to the Rapidshare Team and this is the reply I got. Hope it is helpful.

Dear Customer,

RapidShare is driven by the idea to constantly improve our offers and
services. That is the reason why there have been several changes in the recent
past.

It might be that your download-manager does not work anymore, because the
vendor of the tool has not adapted it to the changes yet. Please check that
your Download Manager is always up to date.

Unfortunately, we can not provide support for download-managers from
third-parties. For support of a download manager other than our RSM 2, please
contact the vendor of the software directly.

Please also check if you have activated "Direct downloads" in your account.
This option you can find under "My Rapidshare" in the "settings" in the
toolbar on the bottom right and then chose Download Settings. If this option
should not be activated yet, activate this option.

We can only suggest you to use your web-browser or our Rapidshare Manager.
http://rapidshare.com/#!rapidtools/rapidtools_rsm

Best regards,

Michael Mentzer
RapidShare Support

RapidShare AG
Gewerbestrasse 6
6330 Cham
Switzerland

Telephone: +41 41 748 78 80
Fax: +41 41 748 78 99

Web: http://www.rapidshare.com
Email: support@rapidshare.com

--regards
shoury

please_call

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Hello Mr. Michael Mentzer ,

We will change very soon your RS Ac. :hello: And i hope many peoples r doing that.
Guys AVO yet this (rapidshare) as soon as possible. We are paying so, it's up to us. any
downloder we can used.

Thankx