Software to Synch Palm OS to PPC 2003

August 8, 2005 3:04:21 PM

Hello, i guess this is a classic topic, i could not fin yet an answer but
looking for some software to synch my wife's Palm Vx info to the Dell Axim
X30High i just gave her.

Thanks

Sergio
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 9:33:56 PM

If you used outlook to sync contacts and other info on the palm you can just
sync your new ppc with outlook and it will pick up that data. If you were
using Palm Desktop there is a conduit program that should be on the palm cd
that will allow you to export your information from Palm Desktop to Outlook,
then once the information is there you can sync your ppc with outlook.

rights...

"Sergio Pons" <spons_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, i guess this is a classic topic, i could not fin yet an answer but
> looking for some software to synch my wife's Palm Vx info to the Dell Axim
> X30High i just gave her.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sergio

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:47:12 AM

The app Eric refers to is Chapura Pocket Mirror.

"Eric Hicks [MVP]" <i'm@home.with.u> wrote in message
> If you used outlook to sync contacts and other info on the palm you can
> just sync your new ppc with outlook and it will pick up that data. If you
> were using Palm Desktop there is a conduit program that should be on the
> palm cd that will allow you to export your information from Palm Desktop
> to Outlook, then once the information is there you can sync your ppc with
> outlook.

> Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> rights...
>
> "Sergio Pons" <spons_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, i guess this is a classic topic, i could not fin yet an answer but
>> looking for some software to synch my wife's Palm Vx info to the Dell
>> Axim X30High i just gave her.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sergio

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:12:10 PM

Actually Pocket Mirror, which is typically included on Palm CDs, doesn't
let you move Palm Desktop data to Outlook, it lets you sync your Palm Device
to Outlook. Sounds the same unless your Palm died, you already cleared it,
or already sold it. If you still have it and it still has all your info,
great.

Chapura does sell a product that moves data directly from Palm Desktop to
Outlook, to save you if you don't have the info in your Palm device anymore.
It's called PocketCopy, is $15, and there is no trial. Makes sense, since
this is a one time process. http://www.chapura.com/

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices