How to burn pictures

May 11, 2005 1:50:11 PM

Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My Pictures
folder?

More about : burn pictures

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 3:52:37 PM

eepp wrote:
> Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
> Pictures folder?

No.
Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> eepp wrote:
> > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
> > Pictures folder?
>
> No.
> Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

May 11, 2005 4:20:12 PM

eepp wrote:
> WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?

Yes - Windows XP can burn to CD through it's staging area/burn method.
Windows XP cannot treat CDs like large floppy diskettes, however.
That is known as "Packet Writing" and requires special software.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Purchase either:

Roxio's Easy Media Creator from here
http://www.roxio.com/en/index.jhtml;jsessionid=5ALRWXBAQ0ZUBLAQAQHCM4Q?_requestid=670892

OR

Nero 6 Ultra from here http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

Whichever you get, install the complete package. You will need Roxio's Drag
to Disk OR Nero's INCD to do what you want.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"eepp" <eepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My Pictures
> folder?
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 5:22:38 PM

Yes, but not directly from another program.

--

> WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> eepp wrote:
>> > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
>> > Pictures folder?
>>
>> No.
>> Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 2:30:00 AM

Yes XP can burn to CD natively but it can not burn to DVD natively as it has
no DVD burning engine.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"eepp" <eepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> eepp wrote:
>> > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
>> > Pictures folder?
>>
>> No.
>> Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 10:40:36 PM

Yes...use your favourite DVD burning software (Nero etc).

"eepp" <eepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My Pictures
> folder?
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 10:41:01 PM

CD-R, CD-RW yes, but DVD, no.

"eepp" <eepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> eepp wrote:
>> > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
>> > Pictures folder?
>>
>> No.
>> Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:54:21 AM

eepp wrote:
> Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
> Pictures folder?

You will need third-party software.
From an earlier post:
"DeepBurner is a powerful CD and DVD burning package that utilizes power and
efficiency. It takes away the hassle of making CDs, DVDs, autoruns, creating
and printing labels and booklets. The program supports a very wide range of
internal and external (USB 2.0 and FireWire) CD and DVD writers. Burn audio,
data and ISO CDs and DVDs with just one FREE program called DeepBurner."
www.deepburner.com
There is a free and pay for program..no spyware
!