How to burn pictures

Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My Pictures
folder?
9 answers Last reply
More about burn pictures

    eepp wrote:
    > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
    > Pictures folder?

    No.
    Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?

    eepp wrote:
    > WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?

    Yes - Windows XP can burn to CD through it's staging area/burn method.
    Windows XP cannot treat CDs like large floppy diskettes, however.
    That is known as "Packet Writing" and requires special software.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Purchase either:

    Roxio's Easy Media Creator from here
    http://www.roxio.com/en/index.jhtml;jsessionid=5ALRWXBAQ0ZUBLAQAQHCM4Q?_requestid=670892

    OR

    Nero 6 Ultra from here http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

    Whichever you get, install the complete package. You will need Roxio's Drag
    to Disk OR Nero's INCD to do what you want.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "eepp" <eepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My Pictures
    > folder?

    Yes, but not directly from another program.

    --

    > WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?
    >
    > "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
    >
    >> eepp wrote:
    >> > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
    >> > Pictures folder?
    >>
    >> No.
    >> Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Shenan Stanley
    >> MS-MVP
    >> --

    Yes XP can burn to CD natively but it can not burn to DVD natively as it has
    no DVD burning engine.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "eepp" <eepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > WinXP does allow to burn to CD, correct?
    >
    > "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
    >
    >> eepp wrote:
    >> > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
    >> > Pictures folder?
    >>
    >> No.
    >> Not without third party application(s) installed allowing you to do this.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Shenan Stanley
    >> MS-MVP
    >> --

    Yes...use your favourite DVD burning software (Nero etc).

    "eepp" <eepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My Pictures
    > folder?

    CD-R, CD-RW yes, but DVD, no.

    eepp wrote:
    > Can I burn my picutures to DVD (not to a cd) straight from the My
    > Pictures folder?

    You will need third-party software.
    From an earlier post:
    "DeepBurner is a powerful CD and DVD burning package that utilizes power and
    efficiency. It takes away the hassle of making CDs, DVDs, autoruns, creating
    and printing labels and booklets. The program supports a very wide range of
    internal and external (USB 2.0 and FireWire) CD and DVD writers. Burn audio,
    data and ISO CDs and DVDs with just one FREE program called DeepBurner."
    www.deepburner.com
    There is a free and pay for program..no spyware

Burner Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP