Why 2 cookie folders in XP?

May 11, 2005 5:46:13 PM

Would someone please explain the XP cookie storage system to me? Why
does XP store cookies in two locations?

There is a cookie folder in C:\\Documents and Settings\Owner in which
the cookies appear to be listed in separate files in alphabetical order.

There is also a list of cookies in Temporary Internet Files that seems
to have the cookies listed in the order in which they were acquired BUT
which also seems to contain cookies ( not files) that do not exist in
the folder in "Docs and Settings".

Is there a difference between these two lists and, if so, what might it
be?

Jim Murphy

More about : cookie folders

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 4:17:47 PM

no_working_mailbox@webtv.net (Jim Murphy) wrote:

>Would someone please explain the XP cookie storage system to me? Why
>does XP store cookies in two locations?
>
>There is a cookie folder in C:\\Documents and Settings\Owner in which
>the cookies appear to be listed in separate files in alphabetical order.
>
>There is also a list of cookies in Temporary Internet Files that seems
>to have the cookies listed in the order in which they were acquired BUT
>which also seems to contain cookies ( not files) that do not exist in
>the folder in "Docs and Settings".

This is by design. Empty the TIF folder to clear all the Cookies.
Further help with the IE is available from

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply, but when I click the link in your response, I
receive a message that the group does not exist.

Thorsten Matzner wrote:

"This is by design. Empty the TIF folder to clear all the Cookies.
Further help with the IE is available from
"

Jim Murphy
May 12, 2005 4:17:49 PM

Works fine for me.

"Jim Murphy" <no_working_mailbox@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Thank you for your reply, but when I click the link in your response, I
> receive a message that the group does not exist.
>
> Thorsten Matzner wrote:
>
> "This is by design. Empty the TIF folder to clear all the Cookies.
> Further help with the IE is available from
> "
>
> Jim Murphy

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 4:17:49 PM