htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hello

I have vista ultimate and home premium. Yesterday, i installed kaspersky internet security 6 on all three of my computers. I did not know the problem until this morning when i try to find out ip address. I go to c:\ prompt and type ipconfig/all. To my surprise , it gives me error message saying it is an illegal command. i try to ping myself. i got the same message. So, i try on other machines. they give me the same message. I did not want to uninstall the internet security to see if it is a problem. can you guys try it ipconfig/all on your machine? or do you guys have vista with kaspersky internet security 6? If so, do you experience my problem. Please let me know.

Thanks.

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006

it does not work for me. I can use other dos commands but nothing related to network utilities. I have no clue. It happens to all my pc and laptops in my house. They all work fine but i just can not use the utility. I scan my pc with avg, defender,kaspersky,spy sweeper. They all come clean but i still can not use the utility. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Has it ever worked? I wonder if you have a common software on all of them that has goofed it up.

edit:
Just for fun I installed a demo of that software and it didn't cause any problems. It was version 7 though, that's all they had available. Personally, I'd remove the software on one computer and see if the problem goes away. Something that you've done, or has happened, to all 3 machines caused the problem.

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006

Thank you for trying it out for me. I did not know if it has ever worked. I used ipconfig to look up my ip for an application and i got error. I do not know what went wrong with it. I already removed the version 6 but the problem still exists. Do you know any application that can tell my ip.

I think i have to reinstall all of them after my exams cause i try to restore on one machine;but it fails on me.

Thanks.