Sign in with
Your question

vista command line

Last response: in Windows Vista
October 14, 2007 3:13:28 AM

Hello

I have vista ultimate and home premium. Yesterday, i installed kaspersky internet security 6 on all three of my computers. I did not know the problem until this morning when i try to find out ip address. I go to c:\ prompt and type ipconfig/all. To my surprise , it gives me error message saying it is an illegal command. i try to ping myself. i got the same message. So, i try on other machines. they give me the same message. I did not want to uninstall the internet security to see if it is a problem. can you guys try it ipconfig/all on your machine? or do you guys have vista with kaspersky internet security 6? If so, do you experience my problem. Please let me know.

Thanks.

More about : vista command line

October 14, 2007 4:56:47 PM

It's:

ipconfig /all

Don't forget the space after ipconfig. It works just fine on my machine (home premium).

Don't forget the space after 'ping' also.
October 14, 2007 7:39:00 PM

dmroeder said:
It's:

ipconfig /all

Don't forget the space after ipconfig. It works just fine on my machine (home premium).

Don't forget the space after 'ping' also.

it does not work for me. I can use other dos commands but nothing related to network utilities. I have no clue. It happens to all my pc and laptops in my house. They all work fine but i just can not use the utility. I scan my pc with avg, defender,kaspersky,spy sweeper. They all come clean but i still can not use the utility. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Related resources
October 14, 2007 10:31:09 PM

Has it ever worked? I wonder if you have a common software on all of them that has goofed it up.

edit:
Just for fun I installed a demo of that software and it didn't cause any problems. It was version 7 though, that's all they had available. Personally, I'd remove the software on one computer and see if the problem goes away. Something that you've done, or has happened, to all 3 machines caused the problem.
October 15, 2007 2:04:30 AM

dmroeder said:
Has it ever worked? I wonder if you have a common software on all of them that has goofed it up.

edit:
Just for fun I installed a demo of that software and it didn't cause any problems. It was version 7 though, that's all they had available. Personally, I'd remove the software on one computer and see if the problem goes away. Something that you've done, or has happened, to all 3 machines caused the problem.

Thank you for trying it out for me. I did not know if it has ever worked. I used ipconfig to look up my ip for an application and i got error. I do not know what went wrong with it. I already removed the version 6 but the problem still exists. Do you know any application that can tell my ip.

I think i have to reinstall all of them after my exams cause i try to restore on one machine;but it fails on me.

Thanks.
October 17, 2007 6:29:47 PM

ipconfig /all works for me...
October 18, 2007 6:32:12 AM

For me too... works just fine, Vista Ultimate
October 18, 2007 12:01:55 PM

Works fine here, as well.
October 23, 2007 10:22:12 AM

I'm fine, home premium
November 14, 2007 3:06:30 PM

Try running the command prompt as Administrator.
!