Windows XP updates, when will it finely stop?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Hello everyone. I'm on a fresh clean install of Windows XP and Windows has already updated five times now. Windows is set for automatically download recommended updates and install them. I turned on my computer tonight and it downloading updates again for a total of six times now , when will it stop? I am starting to worrie here! \

I would be grateful for any help or suggestions, Thank you.

leexgx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
you find you got an Stuck windows update thats Not installing once updates have been downloaded you see an yellow icon in task bar click on it click Expert click next and see what the updates are (copy them down post in here if you wish) if you see one update called Flash just untick that one and click Never install this update (tick box) and goto adobe flash web site and get an update from there

thay may allso be office updates as well some of them Need the CD to be in the drive when updateing

leexgx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
.Net 2 does have other updates after .net 2 has been installed

if thay Keep on poping up 3 things you can do install them if thay come up agane after the second try of installing them Uninstall .Net 2 and reload it it was probly miss installed if that fails just ignore them

click on the windows update icon (yellow one) and click expert install click next and untick them click next/close and click on Do not remind me agane (tick box) then click ok and thay be gone

mobom

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
I can't get an update. AutoUpdate brings me to a page which tells me desired page cannot be accessed....and gives me options which lead me only to the knowledge base. Searching the error number does no good either.

leexgx

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
make sure the time and date is set right on your pc

Windows auto update is not an web site as well it runs in the back ground and pops up at the bottem right when there are updates to download

The last couple of times I installed XP I got the same thing. Many, many updates over several days it seems. Then it died down. I just assumed there have been a bunch of updates which have accumulated over time which have not been integrated very well into packages. Perhaps they are spread out this way to avoid interminable waits on slow machines or connections? I don't know but you are not alone.