Folder within My Pictures

Hello,
I have all my photographs stored in a folder called John's Pictures. This
is a separate folder within My Pictures. My Documents and therefore My
Pictures are stored on my D Drive rather than the C Drive.
I would like to have all my photographs, which are grouped in separate sub
folders, available in My Pictures and not in the separate John's Pictures
folder. I don't know haow to change this without deleting the whole lot!
I'd be very grateful if someone can help.
Thanks,
John
4 answers Last reply
More about folder pictures

    What........what are you trying to do? Your "C" drive is your default drive.
    You can create whatever you want on either your C or D drive, so what is
    the problem? Why would you need to "delete the whole lot"? You can
    copy and paste can't you?
    --
    Today is the first day of the rest of
    your life.

    "jrsjs" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have all my photographs stored in a folder called John's Pictures. This
    > is a separate folder within My Pictures. My Documents and therefore My
    > Pictures are stored on my D Drive rather than the C Drive.
    > I would like to have all my photographs, which are grouped in separate sub
    > folders, available in My Pictures and not in the separate John's Pictures
    > folder. I don't know haow to change this without deleting the whole lot!
    > I'd be very grateful if someone can help.
    > Thanks,
    > John

    No, that is not the problem. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well. I want to
    delete the folder but not the sub folders within it. The whole folder
    contains 55GB of photographs. There seems to be no way of deleting the main
    folder without deleting its contents, i.e the sub folders.
    Perhaps the answer is to copy and paste the contents to My Pictures and then
    delete the main folder. I'll let you know if that works.

    "jrsjs" <jrsjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > No, that is not the problem. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well. I want
    > delete the folder but not the sub folders within it. The whole folder
    > contains 55GB of photographs. There seems to be no way of deleting the
    main
    > folder without deleting its contents, i.e the sub folders.
    > Perhaps the answer is to copy and paste the contents to My Pictures and
    then
    > delete the main folder. I'll let you know if that works.
    >
    > "Byte" wrote:
    >
    > > What........what are you trying to do? Your "C" drive is your default
    drive.
    > > You can create whatever you want on either your C or D drive, so what is
    > > the problem? Why would you need to "delete the whole lot"? You can
    > > copy and paste can't you?
    > > --
    > > Today is the first day of the rest of
    > > your life.
    > >

    > > "jrsjs" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello,
    > > > I have all my photographs stored in a folder called John's Pictures.
    This
    > > > is a separate folder within My Pictures. My Documents and therefore My
    > > > Pictures are stored on my D Drive rather than the C Drive.
    > > > I would like to have all my photographs, which are grouped in separate
    sub
    > > > folders, available in My Pictures and not in the separate John's
    Pictures
    > > > folder. I don't know haow to change this without deleting the whole
    lot!
    > > > I'd be very grateful if someone can help.
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > John
    In Windows Explorer, just move the sub-directory wherever you want it to be.

    Jim

    Dear Jim,
    Thank you very much. I was able manually to move each sub folder to My
    Pictures and then delete the main folder. I shall remember that for the
    future. Thanks for your help.
    John

    "Jim" wrote:

    > "jrsjs" <jrsjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > No, that is not the problem. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well. I want
    > > delete the folder but not the sub folders within it. The whole folder
    > > contains 55GB of photographs. There seems to be no way of deleting the
    > main
    > > folder without deleting its contents, i.e the sub folders.
    > > Perhaps the answer is to copy and paste the contents to My Pictures and
    > then
    > > delete the main folder. I'll let you know if that works.
    > >
    > > "Byte" wrote:
    > >
    > > > What........what are you trying to do? Your "C" drive is your default
    > drive.
    > > > You can create whatever you want on either your C or D drive, so what is
    > > > the problem? Why would you need to "delete the whole lot"? You can
    > > > copy and paste can't you?
    > > > --
    > > > Today is the first day of the rest of
    > > > your life.

    > This
    > sub
    > Pictures
    > lot!
    > In Windows Explorer, just move the sub-directory wherever you want it to be.
    >
    > Jim

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP