Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I want to add users to my freshly activated Terminal win server 2003

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 16, 2010 10:34:57 AM

I just activated my win server 2003 and there is only 1 user. i want to allow multiple user as the computers in my office are not too powerful and need to run GNS and some other powerful apps. I don't have Active directory and if it's necessary i'd like instructions to configure to allow web access, printer sharing and file storage as this are already in place.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT I DO THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU
April 16, 2010 12:13:11 PM

First thing you need is some TS licences. Once you have them you can just create local users on your server. (Although I presume that you already have them if you have file and print sharing.)

Hopefully your server has a much more powerful CPU then the desktops and plenty of memory. Otherwise, there's not much point in running TS.
April 19, 2010 3:55:42 PM

Ijack said:
First thing you need is some TS licences. Once you have them you can just create local users on your server. (Although I presume that you already have them if you have file and print sharing.)

Hopefully your server has a much more powerful CPU then the desktops and plenty of memory. Otherwise, there's not much point in running TS.

I don't have file and print sharing and am supposed to set them up after as TS in needed urgently.
Related resources
April 19, 2010 4:27:07 PM

Have a look at this article. Once you've installed the licensing service and added some licences you can just create local users on the server and they should be able to log on to a TS session.
April 20, 2010 10:15:12 AM

Ijack said:
Have a look at this article. Once you've installed the licensing service and added some licences you can just create local users on the server and they should be able to log on to a TS session.

I run server 03 not 00

Best solution

April 20, 2010 10:21:28 AM

Installation should be pretty much the same. Here's an article specific to 2003. If that doesn't help, try Googling - there's plenty of information out there.
May 4, 2010 7:21:27 AM

Best answer selected by zigmaphi.
!