Sign in with
Your question

1998 GP6 450 Forgot BIOS log on password......

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
January 22, 2012 11:51:19 PM

I have a GP6 450 Dated 12/30/98. I forgot the BIOS log on password. I have many old family photos on the computer and I can't get in.....Can I bypass the password to get the machine to complete its BOOT-UP?
January 23, 2012 9:56:51 PM

It is trivial to reset the BIOS password; just reset the BIOS. . .
m
l
January 30, 2012 10:17:04 PM

We can't provide information regarding BIOS password reset because we can not verify proof of ownership.
If PC is yours and you need files off the HDD you can remove the HDD and access it from another system.
m
l
Related resources
January 31, 2012 6:17:27 PM

Not to mention it only takes a couple of minutes on your favorite search engine to learn how to reset the BIOS. . .
m
l
February 20, 2012 2:40:22 AM

The Bios password does not reset when you reset the bios. Even taking out the battery does not help. On my old IBM Thinkpad the only fix was to replace the bios chip. I scraped the laptop and bought a new one. I'll never set a fracken bios password again.
m
l
February 21, 2012 8:24:47 PM

Quote:
The easiest way to reset a forgotten Windows password I ever use is to use Windows Password Reset tool,just a few steps:
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Reset
Step 2: Burn Windows Password Reset Std ISO file to CD/DVD
Step 3: Put in your newly created CD and remove your Windows Password.
If you want to learn more detail,visit:www.windowspasswordreset.net
It's better than reset password from mode, or create password reset disk,just need a few minutes.Hope it can help you.

I believe he's referring to the BIOS password, not the Win account password.
m
l
March 2, 2012 5:20:55 PM

Admin/moderator,
please be aware that due to a deleted message that was quoted, this thread is stuck as active in my 'threads' column. Apparently it is a bug in the system. If not fixable, please close the thread. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind, adding this comment seems to have "unstuck" it.
Closing this thread would still be a reasonable suggestion, though.
m
l
!