dmum

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Hey

what is the difference between Windows xp pro 32 vs. 64? I know that 64 supports more ram. But I understand that there have been some troubles with drivers for this version. The thing is, that I just finished building my computer – and found out that the version of xp I had was a oem version.

Anyway – I already have a 64 version. Should I use this version? Can I use it? Or should I try to get a 32 version.?

Comp. spec.

cpu: E6750
mothb. Ga-p35-DQ6
Gpu: 8800gts

* I don’t want vista. Think im going to wait 6month before trying again. My first attempt was not really a success. To many problems

*my apologies if the writing isn’t to good – im Danish so…

Unless you need to have 4 gig of RAM or more I can't think of any compelling reason to install 64. I think most ppl switching to 64 now, vista or xp, do it because you only get about 3 gig of RAM tops in 32 even if you install 4. In 64 bit OS you can usually use all of your RAM above 3 gig.

That, in a nutshell, is why 64 is quite popular at the moment. There may be some other fine points about it but if you really need a 64 bit os you'd probably already know it.