mozilla firefox

May 11, 2005 5:31:02 PM

Since I downloaded firefox I can't get to windows update site and demo CD
won't play on computer. Does firefox change windows settings?

More about : mozilla firefox

May 11, 2005 6:14:03 PM

Mozilla Firefox doesn't really change any settings (unless you set it as
default browser of course). Firefox does not support ActiveX for security and
cross-platform compatibility hence Windows Update does not work with it. Use
Internet Explorer if you're going on Windows Update.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 8:46:16 PM

Firefox is the greatest, but there are sites that are not written for it, so
for certain sites (like the ones you have listed) you still have to use IE.

"zaldo" <zaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since I downloaded firefox I can't get to windows update site and demo CD
> won't play on computer. Does firefox change windows settings?
May 11, 2005 8:46:17 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Jason. I can't get through to windows update even
when I use IE as my browser. Tried uninstalling firefox and it still did not
work. I heard from a tech that mozilla firefox changes settings on windows.
I received a demo appraisal software CD and it won't play on my computer.
I'm thinking of uninstalling firefox and reinstalling IE

"Jason Green" wrote:

> Firefox is the greatest, but there are sites that are not written for it, so
> for certain sites (like the ones you have listed) you still have to use IE.
>

> "zaldo" <zaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since I downloaded firefox I can't get to windows update site and demo CD
> > won't play on computer. Does firefox change windows settings?

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 9:13:53 PM

Guys

Take a look at this.. attacks will become numerous..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Jason Green" <Get Off ME> wrote in message
> Firefox is the greatest, but there are sites that are not written for it,
> so
> for certain sites (like the ones you have listed) you still have to use
> IE.
>

> "zaldo" <zaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Since I downloaded firefox I can't get to windows update site and demo CD
>> won't play on computer. Does firefox change windows settings?

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 9:13:54 PM

Mike Hall (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Guys
>
> Take a look at this.. attacks will become numerous..

Mike was there supposed to be a link?

gls858
May 12, 2005 1:28:41 AM

Does this mean that Firefox will not handle any .Net web apps?

"Jack" </dev/null> wrote in message
> Mozilla Firefox doesn't really change any settings (unless you set it as
> default browser of course). Firefox does not support ActiveX for security
> and
> cross-platform compatibility hence Windows Update does not work with it.
> Use
> Internet Explorer if you're going on Windows Update.
May 12, 2005 1:28:42 AM

No. Those are server side meaning it has no relevance to Firefox and
therefore will work.
!