Sign in with
Your question

Old Kids Multiple Board Game Title

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 9, 2012 12:45:35 AM

Hello,
I am looking for an old game that I believe came for free with my family's first Windows 95 computer when I was a kid. The game consisted of several games actually. I remember checkers being one of them as well as some strange Yin-Yang/Chinese checkers sort of game with white and black pieces, I think it was called Yoko or Yoku or something like that.

The two games I remember most was some sort of pirate based board game where you played against a pegged legged sailor and I think the pieces were doubloons or something like that. I remember the board being triangular in shape for some reason, it was similar to Chinese checkers if I remember right and you could jump the opponents pieces with your pieces. It's been so long ago...

The game I remember most was mancala, an African game with pebbles and holes that you had to use to move your pebbles across the board in a counter-clockwise fashion, attempting to fill your main hole with as many pebbles as possible. I remember the spectator and helper being either a cheetah or a hyena and all I remember was him laughing historically every time you made a very good move that kicked your opponent's butt.

For some reason it is driving me crazy that I cannot remember this game. If anyone knows the title or anything about it, I sure would appreciate it. It's been bothering me on and off for years now and all of my searches have proved fruitless so far.
February 13, 2012 12:16:13 AM

Another thing I remember, for the doubloon game, was that the guy you had to play against wore a blue sailor's shirt and would always slam his fist against the table to 'move his pieces'. A piece would jump off his pile and down where he wanted it with every slam of his fist.
m
l
!