Onboard sound + Sound card

goez

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
So I have always had two sound devices on my system, a sound card and an onboard device.

I just built a new system and am still in the process of installing everything, and I notice that my system does not recognize the onboard sound, just my Santa Cruz.

I always used the onboard sound for voice comms (Ventrilo, Teamspeak, etc) and the sound card for gaming, music, whatever. But since this is the first system Iv built on my own I dont really have a clue as to what to do to have both enabled.

Any ideas?

sturm

Splendid
check in the bios and see if there is an onboard device area. Check and see if the onboard is enabled.
Under hardware management does it show up at all? Drivers installed for the onboard?

Try removing the santa cruz and see if the onboard shows up.

goez

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
I checked under onboard peripherals in BIOs but I still cant make much sense of it... I have a GA 965P DS3 if its any help...

Tug

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
GoEz,

Did you try sturm's suggestion of removing the Santa Cruz to see if it would then recognize your onboard sound.

You should be able to Enable your onboard sound in the BIOS under:
Integrated Peripherals->"Azalia Codec" (change to AUTO if DISABLED)

If your version has a type of onboard sound other than the Azalia, it will be described as "Something Codec".