hammer

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

I can make a bat file that starts normal quake

wqpro -dedicated on a remote server
or
wqpro -listen if i a playing on the server

this bat file is on my CD from days gone by

qlaunch quakeudp.dll quake.exe -mpath %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

can anyone translate this for me?

I have this bat file also but it didn't work

wqpro -ctf

where in the CTF file i had the pak0 and pak1 files for threewave and
in a sub folder of CTF i had a maps folder

The console said it was running twctf but it clearly wasn't. we were
playing normal quake.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:58:58 GMT, hammer <hammerhead7377@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>this bat file is on my CD from days gone by
>
>qlaunch quakeudp.dll quake.exe -mpath %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
>
>can anyone translate this for me?

This executes the "Qlaunch.EXE" file that game with quake, with the
following two files being a DLL file and the main Quake executable.

"-mpath" tells quake that the user is using the UDP DLL file.

After that, the bat file simply passes other command line parameters to the
executable. The batch file isn't very useful anymore, since Winquake (or
wqpro) already can run TCP/IP without any special drivers.

>I have this bat file also but it didn't work
>
>wqpro -ctf
>
>where in the CTF file i had the pak0 and pak1 files for threewave and
>in a sub folder of CTF i had a maps folder
>
>The console said it was running twctf but it clearly wasn't. we were
>playing normal quake.

I suspect wqpro is looking for the files in the "twctf" directory as
opposed to the "CTF" subfolder. If you rename "CTF" to "TWCTF", it might
work fine.

Alternativly, you can add "-game ctf" to the command line, or set the game
dir in the server console.