Problem connecting to local host

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 22, 2005 4:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

I usually play MP and connect with a server browser. I tried playing
single player to try out some maps and the game will not connect to
the local host. I get to the:

"Connect to local host Awaiting Game connection 0"

Then it kicks me back to the main Q3 menu. I try loading a map from
the console - no luck. I try skirmish and fight with no results. It
does not seem to recognize the local host . Any thoughts? Thanks.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 11:29:55 PM

Bmchan <bmchan@spammmmcharter.net> wrote:
> I usually play MP and connect with a server browser. I tried playing
> single player to try out some maps and the game will not connect to
> the local host. I get to the:
>
> "Connect to local host Awaiting Game connection 0"
>
> Then it kicks me back to the main Q3 menu. I try loading a map from
> the console - no luck. I try skirmish and fight with no results. It
> does not seem to recognize the local host . Any thoughts? Thanks.

Play _Quake 1_ - this should fix your problem, make life better and easier.
!