Problem connecting to local host

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

I usually play MP and connect with a server browser. I tried playing
single player to try out some maps and the game will not connect to
the local host. I get to the:

"Connect to local host Awaiting Game connection 0"

Then it kicks me back to the main Q3 menu. I try loading a map from
the console - no luck. I try skirmish and fight with no results. It
does not seem to recognize the local host . Any thoughts? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem connecting local host
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

    Bmchan <bmchan@spammmmcharter.net> wrote:
    > I usually play MP and connect with a server browser. I tried playing
    > single player to try out some maps and the game will not connect to
    > the local host. I get to the:
    >
    > "Connect to local host Awaiting Game connection 0"
    >
    > Then it kicks me back to the main Q3 menu. I try loading a map from
    > the console - no luck. I try skirmish and fight with no results. It
    > does not seem to recognize the local host . Any thoughts? Thanks.

    Play _Quake 1_ - this should fix your problem, make life better and easier.

Connection Games Localhost Video Games