Your question

4G memory

Tags:
  • Memory
  • 4G
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Memory
May 11, 2007 7:29:07 AM

Hi when i install 4G on my system, i cant see them on my xp professional sp2 even after edit the boot.ini

Asus P5B-Deluxe
E6700
4G DDR2 667

More about : memory

May 11, 2007 8:11:58 AM

Try using just 2 gig, i don't think XP can use 4 gig. Someone needs to check I'm right though :) 
May 11, 2007 8:40:28 AM

You can't use 4GB on a 32 bit OS as it can't address it.

The system will usually still work but you'll only have a round 3GB of memory.

If you want 4GB+ of memory you need to buy Vista 64.
Related resources
May 11, 2007 8:53:53 AM

Alsone is correct. Windows only sees around 3gb - 3.25gb because its 32-bit and code limits etc.

Quote:

Or XP x64, or Windows Server 2003(read it supports 16gb)
May 11, 2007 9:22:52 AM

Quote:

Windows XP 32 bit (OEM/Home/Pro) OS has an upper limet of 4GB of ram.

MS Vista sucks ass and even MS has already stated they will not offer any support after the end of 2008.

Vista is this decades ME. If you use it you got screwed.
Sorry but those are the hard cold facts.

Z
May 11, 2007 9:55:03 AM

Quote:
Hi when i install 4G on my system, i cant see them on my xp professional sp2 even after edit the boot.ini

Asus P5B-Deluxe
E6700
4G DDR2 667

This is a VERY common problem, I need sleep or I would address it futher.

Google has the info.
May 11, 2007 11:28:55 AM

I disagree, I put Vista on a 2800+ Socket A CPU Standard Nvidia 2 Chipset Gigabyte Motherboard, with on board Sound and Lan, a Sparkle Nvidia 256MB 6600 AGP vidio card. It runs like a dream, Doom 3 plays great, burning home made movies with no extra software. Fantastic! :D 

Running the same monitor that I was under XP Pro, the screen even appears clearer. (As I have been wearing glasses since I was seven, I always notice things related to good vision).

I used an upgrade version of Home Premium, installed clean as a whistle. The only hardware issue ( and that was Creatives fault not Microsoft) is no support for Sound Blaster Live 5.1 sound cards.

At this stage I'm only running 1GB of Ram, but the early reports I have heard say Vista runs fine with 4GB. (The 32bit version)

One happy customer :D  :D  :D 

OH, and I have used ME, complete rubbish. 8O
May 11, 2007 12:15:56 PM

hello martyjs

32 bit os use 4 gb memory , not ram

memory includes ram , video ram , proccecor cache , and other

thank you
May 11, 2007 12:16:55 PM

Not a Vista fan myself but where did you see ANY reference to an end of support by 2008? I think your confused with XP support.
May 11, 2007 12:24:14 PM

Windows XP and Vista 32 Bit with a P5B Deluxe will only see 3 Gig. In the BIOS under chipset options, NorthBridge the Memory remapping feature. If you have 4 Gig and 32 Bit OS it should be disabled (The OS will see 3Gig). If you enable it with a 32 Bit OS will only see 2 Gig, but a 64 Bit OS will see all 4 Gig. Microsoft has a Physical Address Extension (PAE) option for vista on the Microsoft knowledge base but i tried it and it did not work. Here is the link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929580/en-us
May 11, 2007 12:58:08 PM

No need to get antsi, I said I have heard, I didn't say it was fact. :( 

I am not a poster that slams people, I always treat every post with respect and hope to be treated the same way.

If more people thought before they posted, these forumz would be a lot more fun. :) 

I for one don't mind being picked up on incorrect facts. That's how sensible people learn. Show me the facts and I will gladly read them. :) 

As a computer Tech I have fixed as many systems from asking for help and/or reading, being told the right answers as I,ve worked out my self. :) 

I don't care were the information comes from, as long as it's delivered with respect, fun and manners. :) 
May 11, 2007 1:04:17 PM

Also according to Microsoft, under some circumstances Vista will recognize 4GB of RAM.

Quote:
For Windows Vista to use all 4 GB of memory on a computer that has 4 GB of memory installed, the computer must meet the following requirements:
• The chipset must support at least 8 GB of address space. Chipsets that have this capability include the following:
• Intel 975X
• Intel P965
• Intel 955X on Socket 775
• Chipsets that support AMD processors that use socket F, socket 940, socket 939, or socket AM2. These chipsets include any AMD socket and CPU combination in which the memory controller resides in the CPU.
• The CPU must support the x64 instruction set. The AMD64 CPU and the Intel EM64T CPU support this instruction set.
• The BIOS must support the memory remapping feature. The memory remapping feature allows for the segment of system memory that was previously overwritten by the Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) configuration space to be remapped above the 4 GB address line. This feature must be enabled in the BIOS configuration utility on the computer. View your computer product documentation for instructions that explain how to enable this feature. Many consumer-oriented computers may not support the memory remapping feature. No standard terminology is used in documentation or in BIOS configuration utilities for this feature. Therefore, you may have to read the descriptions of the various BIOS configuration settings that are available to determine whether any of the settings enable the memory remapping feature.

Note When the physical RAM that is installed on a computer equals the address space that is supported by the chipset, the total system memory that is available to the operating system is always less than the physical RAM that is installed. For example, consider a computer that has an Intel 975X chipset that supports 8 GB of address space. If you install 8 GB of RAM, the system memory that is available to the operating system will be reduced by the PCI configuration requirements. In this scenario, PCI configuration requirements reduce the memory that is available to the operating system by an amount that is between approximately 200 MB and approximately 1 GB. The reduction depends on the configuration.

APPLIES TO
• Windows Vista Business
• Windows Vista Enterprise
• Windows Vista Home Basic
• Windows Vista Home Premium
• Windows Vista Starter
• Windows Vista Ultimate
• Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
• Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
• Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
• Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
• Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
May 11, 2007 1:09:32 PM

I don't know personally, but here's the link.
Link
May 11, 2007 2:16:39 PM

Quote:

Sighs.

Read up. It can't address it as standard.

It might accept 4Gb of RAM but a 32 bit OS can't address 4GB of RAM.

There's only two ways to run 4Gb+ ram and thats with a 64 bit OS or using PAE - Physical Address Extension which is downloadable from Microsoft. However, I personally wouldn't start playing around with PAE's as its not worth all the risk. Just upgrade your OS.

As for Vista sucking a$$, you clearly don't know what you're talking about and are obviously a Vista hater. ME was highly unstable, Vista is more stable than XP. The talked about lack of drivers is by and large b*ll. Some companies still don't have niche drivers but support overall is better than it has been for some previous OS. The only thing I can't get a driver for is my Nikon camera and even that I can get around with a card reader.

Vista still has some minor bugs but its a great OS and far MORE stable than XP. XP support will end a long time before Vistas as Microsoft have already scheduled it several times.

I love Vista and wouldn't go back to XP for anyone and its stability is its best feature!
May 11, 2007 2:44:51 PM

Quote:

Sighs.

Read up. It can't address it as standard.

It might accept 4Gb of RAM but a 32 bit OS can't address 4GB of RAM.

There's only two ways to run 4Gb+ ram and thats with a 64 bit OS or using PAE - Physical Address Extension which is downloadable from Microsoft. However, I personally wouldn't start playing around with PAE's as its not worth all the risk. Just upgrade your OS.

As for Vista sucking a$$, you clearly don't know what you're talking about and are obviously a Vista hater. ME was highly unstable, Vista is more stable than XP. The talked about lack of drivers is by and large b*ll. Some companies still don't have niche drivers but support overall is better than it has been for some previous OS. The only thing I can't get a driver for is my Nikon camera and even that I can get around with a card reader.

Vista still has some minor bugs but its a great OS and far MORE stable than XP. XP support will end a long time before Vistas as Microsoft have already scheduled it several times.

I love Vista and wouldn't go back to XP for anyone and its stability is its best feature!
WORD
May 11, 2007 3:25:20 PM

I know, people say vista is bad but i reckon that is only because they have forgotten the hardware upgrades required for XP/2000 etc.

From all my surfing forums there don't seem to be many problems at all with vista, you cannot expect MS to re-write all the drivers for this new OS, if your after some one to blame, blame the company that is actually responsible with making the new drivers.

Take my only problem. my laptop has a x1700 in it. ATI (or AMD) say they support it, guess what they don't. there has been one driver released for vista. (i am stuck on version 7.1), is this MS's fault for ATI/AMD's incompetence? (although they have been busy with the r600), but apart from that there are no problems.

It seems that most people are becoming vista bashers, i say if you don't like it switch to Linux or a mac and Shut the F UP. god, you MS bashers nag worse then a fat lesbian woman during that time of the month...

LET THE FLAME WAR BEGIN!
May 11, 2007 3:29:16 PM

Quote:
Also according to Microsoft, under some circumstances Vista will recognize 4GB of RAM.

For Windows Vista to use all 4 GB of memory on a computer that has 4 GB of memory installed, the computer must meet the following requirements:
• The chipset must support at least 8 GB of address space. Chipsets that have this capability include the following:
• Intel 975X
• Intel P965
• Chipsets that support AMD processors that use socket F, socket 940, socket 939, or socket AM2. These chipsets include any AMD socket and CPU combination in which the memory controller resides in the CPU.
• The CPU must support the x64 instruction set. The AMD64 CPU and the Intel EM64T CPU support this instruction set.
• The BIOS must support the memory remapping feature. The memory remapping feature allows for the segment of system memory that was previously overwritten by the Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) configuration space to be remapped above the 4 GB address line. This feature must be enabled in the BIOS configuration utility on the computer. View your computer product documentation for instructions that explain how to enable this feature. Many consumer-oriented computers may not support the memory remapping feature. No standard terminology is used in documentation or in BIOS configuration utilities for this feature. Therefore, you may have to read the descriptions of the various BIOS configuration settings that are available to determine whether any of the settings enable the memory remapping feature.

Note When the physical RAM that is installed on a computer equals the address space that is supported by the chipset, the total system memory that is available to the operating system is always less than the physical RAM that is installed. For example, consider a computer that has an Intel 975X chipset that supports 8 GB of address space. If you install 8 GB of RAM, the system memory that is available to the operating system will be reduced by the PCI configuration requirements. In this scenario, PCI configuration requirements reduce the memory that is available to the operating system by an amount that is between approximately 200 MB and approximately 1 GB. The reduction depends on the configuration.

APPLIES TO
• Windows Vista Business
• Windows Vista Starter
• Windows Vista Ultimate

The information from the Microsoft site is:

Quote:
For Windows Vista to use all 4 GB of memory on a computer that has 4 GB of memory installed, the computer must meet the following requirements: • The chipset must support at least 8 GB of address space. Chipsets that have this capability include the following:
• Intel 975X
• Intel P965

• An x64 (64-bit) version of Windows Vista must be used.
Contact the computer vendor to determine whether your computer meets these requirements.

The circumstances that Vista will recognize 4G of memory is when you use Vista x64 along with the necessary hardware support.
May 11, 2007 3:34:53 PM

Quote:

MS Vista sucks ass and even MS has already stated they will not offer any support after the end of 2008.

Z

im affraid vista doesnt suck ass you seem to be one of these (usauly pro mac) people who cant live with change.

vista is not perfect, but tis a hell of a lot better than tiring old XP. and i would reccomend it as an upgrade (unless need - as in this case) until SP1.

and if vista the next ME, then you have a hell of a wait until blackcomb.
The best part about it is you can disable the bit you dont like or even set it to be a uptodate XP
May 11, 2007 3:35:58 PM

You dont have to pay for Vista :lol: 
May 11, 2007 3:51:57 PM

true, i got it for free coz i am an IT student :p 
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 11, 2007 4:03:53 PM

this has been posted so many times in the past few months please try searching next time.
May 11, 2007 4:48:55 PM

Quote:

Z
Here are the cold hard facts regarding support:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifepolicy

XP support will end before Vista:
Products Released: Windows XP Professional (same for Home)
General Availability Date: 12/31/2001
Mainstream Support Retired: 4/14/2009

Vista has guaranteed support for a minimum of 5 years form the release date, which would put it sometime in 2012. Oh, and Vista is nothing like ME... it is quite stable and works quite nicely in x64 mode so far.

Those are the cold hard facts.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 11, 2007 4:58:12 PM

vista is 'useable' at best. it still has quite a few problems that need to be addressed and companies that need to catch up with drivers. i liked a couple of features in it but for the most part its just an extra hassle rather than making life easier. ive had probably about 80% of my customers that wanted vista installed return and ask for xp instead. im sure vista will be very good eventually but as of right now id avoid it.
May 11, 2007 5:45:48 PM

Quote:
Sighs.

Read up ... using PAE - Physical Address Extension which is downloadable from Microsoft. However, I personally wouldn't start playing around with PAE's as its not worth all the risk. Just upgrade your OS.

You may want to read up as well. PAE isn't a downloadable piece of software. It's an option for the bootloader. There's no risk at all, as you can enable it on a system with 512MB of RAM if you want, although it provides no benefit in that scenario.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa468629.aspx
May 11, 2007 6:17:59 PM

My mistake on the download bit. You're still asking the guy to start messing with the boot settings though and that is not inherently without risk.
May 11, 2007 6:24:23 PM

Quote:
vista is 'useable' at best. it still has quite a few problems that need to be addressed and companies that need to catch up with drivers. i liked a couple of features in it but for the most part its just an extra hassle rather than making life easier. ive had probably about 80% of my customers that wanted vista installed return and ask for xp instead. im sure vista will be very good eventually but as of right now id avoid it.

I don't know what hardware your customers are running but I have had Zero problems with mine. Canon produce Vista 64 drivers for all their equipment including scanners, printers, cameras, faxes and multifunctionals, although I did have to ask their support dept for a download link as I couldn't find it..

Every single piece of hardware on my pc found a driver on the Vista CD and everything works perfectly.

Every single peice of software I own apart from my Kaspersky AV (needed a free patch) and my Nero 6 (needed the purchase of Nero 7) worked without any problems.

The only glitches I have on Windows is an occassional graphics glitch (we all know of the NVIDIA problems) and the fact that my sidebar icons randomise, big deal.

Other than that, once I'd overclocked my E6600 to 3.0ghz, Vista runs like a dream.

FYI I have cutting edge hardware so if anyone was going to have problems it should have been me. My move to Vista 64 was the best thing I ever did. I'm just so glad I did it and that I didn't go for the 32 bit version!
May 11, 2007 7:13:05 PM

I am having this same issue. My Bios on a P5n SLI Board will see 4G of ram but windows will see 3GB. Can you do a straight upgrade to OS64 and it will be fine then? Or does it require certain hard ware?

Also, will it hurt the PC if I am running all 4GB or will it not matter?

8800GTX
p5N SLI
4GB PQI Turbo Ram
Intel E6600

That is the set up...

any ideas?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 11, 2007 7:27:30 PM

im glad that the one computer you've installed vista on works great. this changes everything - im going to tell every single one of my customers that they should just stick it out because alsone said his works.....
May 11, 2007 8:07:04 PM

Quote:
hello mr.martyjs

32 bit os use 4 gb memory , not ram

memory includes ram , video ram , proccecor cache , and other

thank you

Not exactly. The "natural" addressing model in 32-bit OSs (without hardware/software extensions like PAE) has a limit of 4GB of *memory addresses*. Video RAM and processor cache are NOT included in this. However system hardware including plug-in cards does use up some of these addresses for various purposes such as memory-mapped I/O, and transfer buffers between the hardware and the rest of the system. When the system boots, the BIOS allocates such addresses to the various hardware components, then assigns the leftover addresses (less than 4GB worth) to physical RAM. Multiple plug-in cards, especially, can take up a lot of address space.
May 11, 2007 8:22:50 PM

Quote:
I am having this same issue. My Bios on a P5n SLI Board will see 4G of ram but windows will see 3GB. Can you do a straight upgrade to OS64 and it will be fine then? Or does it require certain hard ware?

A straight upgrade to a Win x64 version should do it, but double check with Asus first (or look in your BIOS) to see if you've got the Memory Remapping feature.

Quote:
Also, will it hurt the PC if I am running all 4GB or will it not matter?

Under a 32-bit Windows (like now), it won't matter, just some of your physical RAM won't be accessible/visible.
May 11, 2007 11:15:44 PM

Quote:
im glad that the one computer you've installed vista on works great. this changes everything - im going to tell every single one of my customers that they should just stick it out because alsone said his works.....

Generally if you do the research before you upgrade and run a compatability check with MS's compatability checker, and deal with any problems it goes smoothly. Its those who don't check compatabilities that have problems. I've no doubt soem old pc's will have components that don't really see any support anymore and that those could have problems. The question there is one of should I be putting Vista on such an out of date machine anyway? I can tell you the answer to that is probably no. My E6600 ran Vista like a dog until I overclocked it to E6800 level. So irrespective of what MS might print on the box, my experience is that you do need a very powerful pc to get a great experience of Vista. It will probably run on older systems but judging from my standard E6600 performance it will probably be slow.

Does that mean that Vista isn't worth while? No. Its a great OS, the best so far. It just doesn't suit people who like to buy a pc every 10 years and expect to be able to run the latest everything on it.
May 12, 2007 12:52:36 AM

Quote:

Sounds belony. I would like to see a reference to back this statement.
May 12, 2007 12:56:03 AM

I recall the days when XP was just released - lots of people HATED it, and true it had some issues. But in time it got better and I am confident we will see the same with Vista.
I have absolutely nothing against Vista - yes, it's a ressouce hog, but so was XP when it came out (wooo, it required MINIMUM 64MB of memory, preferably 128 or 256, and that drove some way out there).
May 12, 2007 1:11:16 AM

It's normal placing 4x1Gb ram sticks on 32bit OS Window XP will have only around 3Gb of ram can be used.
May 12, 2007 10:59:40 AM

Yes, but it also says.

Quote:

APPLIES TO
• Windows Vista Business
• Windows Vista Starter
• Windows Vista Ultimate

As I have said I don't know for sure as I haven't seen enough of Vista yet.
usually when Microsoft says APPLIES TO they mean all of the below.

I would like to here of success and failure from other forumz users before I rule it out completely.
I have been using computers since 1979 and building/repairing them since 1994. I am not saying it's 100% for sure its possible, but it wouldn't be the firs (or last) time people said you can't do that and have been proven wrong.

I told a tech from a large company NT 4 doesn't support USB, and in 99.9% of the time that is correct, but apparently one of there software guru said they wrote a work around. 8O

The gentlemen I was talking to had no reason to lie, good customer and they do have some very smart people in these big companies. (Only works on one machine)
May 12, 2007 11:10:27 AM

I have sold between 10 to 20 PC's/Laptops with Vista on them, only 1 customer came back with a problem. He was running Quickbooks 2004 and it wouldn't install on Vista, quick work around was to run Virtual PC with a copy of XP (that he already owned) Works fine, he's happy, all other customers are happy.

We still sell some systems with XP, to company's already running several PC with XP Pro.
May 12, 2007 4:07:26 PM

XP does have support for PAE. It is used with DEP.

But it wont go above 4GB, though
May 14, 2007 1:32:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, but it also says.

APPLIES TO
• Windows Vista Business
• Windows Vista Starter
• Windows Vista Ultimate

As I have said I don't know for sure as I haven't seen enough of Vista yet.
usually when Microsoft says APPLIES TO they mean all of the below.

I would like to here of success and failure from other forumz users before I rule it out completely.
I have been using computers since 1979 and building/repairing them since 1994. I am not saying it's 100% for sure its possible, but it wouldn't be the firs (or last) time people said you can't do that and have been proven wrong.

I told a tech from a large company NT 4 doesn't support USB, and in 99.9% of the time that is correct, but apparently one of there software guru said they wrote a work around. 8O

The gentlemen I was talking to had no reason to lie, good customer and they do have some very smart people in these big companies. (Only works on one machine)

My point was you were being misleading by omitting the part of the workaround that specifies Vista 64 is needed when you copied and pasted the Microsoft response. You did not accurately reflect what is on the support website.

The title of the article is "The system memory that is reported in the System Information dialog box in Windows Vista is less than you expect if 4 GB of RAM is installed". The article applies to Vista and tells you the workaround to fix it (Get Vista x64 with the correct hardware).
May 14, 2007 3:03:32 PM

after all means i cant use 4G in xp 32bit version
May 14, 2007 3:33:19 PM

matutolas,

That is correct, short story is 32 bit Vista and XP are not able to use all of the 4G memory on the sticks. Some of the upper addresses that are needed to fully access all the 4G of memory are hijacked by the BIOS and installed hardware devices and used to run the devices and therefore not available to the OS to access memory. The amount that is hijacked will vary depending on what devices are installed. Your POST will show a scan of 4G and that is as far as you will get in using all of the memory without going to an OS that is larger than 32 bit.

There are many threads here that discuss the technical details of why this is the case (there is a lot of misinformation floating around as well) but bottom line, it is not an issue with the 32 bit OS, but the hardware and BIOS stealing memory address and not letting the OS see them.
May 14, 2007 3:57:21 PM

Thanks a lot for your information
May 14, 2007 4:53:13 PM

Unfortunately, PAE is no longer supported under Windows XP.
It was removed in either SP1 or SP2. I can't recall.
May 14, 2007 4:54:37 PM

In your memory setting, there's an option called Memory remap feature. Try putting it off. If it's on, it remap the memory above 2GB above 4GB for reasons too long to explain here. On a 64-bit OS, that great because it let you use the whole amount of available memory. On a 32-bit OS, all it does is putting the extra memory above adressable range, which is 4GB.

I might be a bit off track, but that should be a starting point.
May 14, 2007 4:58:25 PM

Quote:
You dont have to pay for Vista :lol: 

Then be ready to kiss good-bye your data not long after you start using it :wink:
May 15, 2007 3:21:19 AM

or just become a student and get it for free from your uni :p 
May 17, 2007 11:18:04 AM

Yes of course I did. I didn't want people to say what your saying now.
I like technology for what it is and what it can do. I hate the though of people who always have to say "The world is flat" "we can't go faster than sound". 8O

Ok! it was a mistake to take that paragraph out. :oops: 
I just wanted people to think its possible, and not be afraid to take a chance on giving it ago. Your attack on my argument is very negative. :( 

I am a Fitter and Turner by trade left a very good paying job in my late 30's to go back to school and become a Computer Tech because I like the new and pushing back the barriers of the impossible. NOT to come on to the Forumz and being told (or seeing others being told) its impossible all the time.
I have generally heard that Vista will recognize 4GB of RAM, I have also stated I'm not sure from personal (or lack of personal) experience with Vista.

I just wanted to get some positive feed back, and by leaving that paragraph in I knew people would say what your saying. The work around also mentions 8GB of RAM which of course won't be recognized by a 32bit VISTA. As you would know MS information is not always very clear.

I have a quote from a late 19th Century newspaper that illustrates my point. I will try and post it a bit latter, can't find the book its in at the moment. :oops: 

I'm not attacking you personally but I see far to much negative comment nowadays, it just gets me down.

How come at 45 years old I have more vision and hope than many so called next gen People?
May 17, 2007 12:18:45 PM

ANSWER: senility and CRS...

Jes kiddin' LOL :) 
May 17, 2007 12:24:34 PM

Quote:
That is correct, short story is 32 bit Vista and XP are not able to use all of the 4G memory on the sticks. Some of the upper addresses that are needed to fully access all the 4G of memory are hijacked by the BIOS and installed hardware devices and used to run the devices and therefore not available to the OS to access memory. The amount that is hijacked will vary depending on what devices are installed. Your POST will show a scan of 4G and that is as far as you will get in using all of the memory without going to an OS that is larger than 32 bit.

There are many threads here that discuss the technical details of why this is the case (there is a lot of misinformation floating around as well) but bottom line, it is not an issue with the 32 bit OS, but the hardware and BIOS stealing memory address and not letting the OS see them.

The problem as I see it is that you can't install 3GB of memory without affect dual channel support.

I am planning on building a system based on the new P35 chipset (Gigabyte GA-p35-DQ6) and contacted Corsair in regards to memory. I wanted to know if I could install two 1GB sticks and two 512MB sticks for a total of 3GB...knowing that I can only access around this much anyway. The tech at Corsair stated this would most likely cause instability problems. I then suggest four 1GB sticks and he suggested two 2GB sticks (TWIN2x4096-64005DHX) as it would use less power, run cooler and in effect is cheaper that the four 1GB sticks.

I don't want to run with just 2GB and I know I will "lose" some of my memory over 3-3.5Gb...however at US$270 I think it is worth it.

Any thoughts?
Tim
May 17, 2007 12:50:51 PM

what about 680I boards
May 17, 2007 12:56:12 PM

Quote:

spot on (although you could get XP64 but i wouldnt bother)
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!