kawboy12r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
Does anybody have a good way to view the temporary internet files directory in thumbnail mode within Windows Explorer? I can view the directory with no problems in details view, but when I try to view it in thumbnail view all I get is icon view (filenames with the Irfanview splatted critter for an icon). This used to be easily possible but I'm thinking it's a new "feature" of IE7.

I found a way to view them quickly (Irfanview thumbnail viewer), but I've just spent an hour surfing for things like "view temporary internet files" and all I get are ways to display the filelist, not actually VIEW the files or thumbnails quickly. I can individually click on each pic and have them open in IE, but it's ridiculous to have to single click each pic using the available Windows tools.

lv426

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Hi

One way is to change to details view, hit the type tab, so all the jpegs are in line, then drag and drop to a another folder, then you can view them in thumbnail mode

also you may know this already, but there are other folders hidden in this folder, heres what you do

1. right click on Temporary Internet Files and create shortcut.
2. right click on this shortcut, and click properties
3. in the target field, add at the end \content.ie5, so the end bit will look like
Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5" , click apply

4. now click this shortcut, you will see a lot of folders, you can view these in thumbnail mode.

kawboy12r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
Thx for the pointers. I'll give them a shot. I knew about the hidden bits but not how to view them easily. Great hints.

msmith7632

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009

When I add \content.ie5 to the target and press "apply," I get an error message: "The name "C:WINDOW\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct." This did not work for me.