Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Absolutely true.

It also goes through your bank account and reports your spending habits to the IRS and the Republican party. It gathers information about you and adds it to a gigantic database where every girlfriend/spouse you have had and will ever have will be able to access so they can ETERNALLY remind you of every little mistake you have ever made in your entire life. It Tells Your Mother what you did last Friday. It is one of the final steps in a global socio-political effort, with deep ties to the 9/11 conspiracy, to export low cost beanie babies with embedded listening devices to 3rd world countries for the purpose of investigating the source of Osama Bin Laden's underwear. It puts bits of glass into the rolls of...
Absolutely true.

It also goes through your bank account and reports your spending habits to the IRS and the Republican party. It gathers information about you and adds it to a gigantic database where every girlfriend/spouse you have had and will ever have will be able to access so they can ETERNALLY remind you of every little mistake you have ever made in your entire life. It Tells Your Mother what you did last Friday. It is one of the final steps in a global socio-political effort, with deep ties to the 9/11 conspiracy, to export low cost beanie babies with embedded listening devices to 3rd world countries for the purpose of investigating the source of Osama Bin Laden's underwear. It puts bits of glass into the rolls of paper destined to become toilet tissue. Vista pokes holes in condoms. Vista will download kiddie pr0n to your hard drive.

Oh - It is also well known that Vista programmers wear jackets made of freshly clubbed baby Harp seals. True Story.

Solution

riser

Illustrious
:)

No, its not true from all the sources I know. I believe he's speaking about the DRM (Digitla Rights) aspect of Vista. It would be infringement on your rights if Vista did that anyhow.

People speculate way too much and the FBI would be inundated with the information received.

The guy you know doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Oh no, it's true. I read it in an e-mail. And I had to forward it on to 10 people withing 5 minutes or my computer deploy it's wings and fly back to the FBI lab to be analyzed. Luckily I sent it out in time!

I mean come on, it was in an e-mail... it's gotta be true... :)

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Dude, do you know how many people they'd have to prosecute? And besides, how are they gonna prove that it's illegal? For all they know you ripped it all off of CD's. If you are that concerned, and myself I do this anyway, run a software firewall seperate from Windows firewall and block out things you don't want having access.

Flingpoo

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007

Chocolate. Mmmm, sweet, sweet chocolate.

Well,........no. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

No, not really.

I hope they turn it off when,...well, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.