I can't install sound card driver!

frenzyvanrafi

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hi, I need help about driver! After I refurbish the Pentium II machine then install Windows 98 then install driver and software. But the sound card driver can't installed properly. The sound card name Yamaha XG 734B.

AH-64 Longbow

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Was it installed before the refurb?

Did you download all windows updates./ was there a third-party patch on the OS before the rebuild.

Did you try manually selecting the driver from the install media through Device Manager, instead of just using the installer on the disk?

Sorry if some of these are obvious to you but some people are new to these kinda problems.

frenzyvanrafi

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012

I have install the sound card properly, but the driver doesn't working. It was latest driver

I trouble to access Windows Update because it had too much redirect loop

I already selecting driver manually but it nothing work. I download it from Internet.

However in Windows 2000, the driver working but I don't want installing to the my refurbished computer because it too slow.

AH-64 Longbow

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Maybe you need an older driver. Your newest driver may be Win2k or newer only. Kinda guessing, but happened to me moving to XP then to Win 7.

Even if the device shows up in Device Manager the PCI slot may be bad, unless you tested WIN2K on that machine.

Is there any new hardware after the referb? maybe it could be conflicting drivers.

Doesn't sound like update will fix your issue. However there is this option. I can't personally endorse it, so swim @ your own risk and your millage may very.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Unofficial-Windows-SE-Service-Pack.shtml

On a final note: I know that if you wanted Linux you would be running it, but the stuff is getting easier to use with better GUI's. Puppy Linux is a bit rough but it can do most things. Games may run in WINE but I understand if you prefer Windows like everyone else(including me).

TRENDING THREADS