Sign in with
Your question

laptop waco, get black screen doesnt boot, win xp, not even safe mode

Last response: in Windows XP
October 25, 2007 10:53:25 PM

Hi All,

I do not know what happened to the computer/Windows XP Home edition. I used the computer on the night of October 21, 2007, to see a video Diney sent to plan a vacation. Yesterday October 22, when I got home from work I turned on the computer and the computer went wacko, windows does not run, the computer constantly reboots. I tried going into safe mode, and still reboots, tried safe mode with comkmand and the same thing. I am afraid I have to use the recovery cd's that came with computer, hope not!!. I have really important information in my documents that I do not want to lose as well as pictures. Is there a way to be able to save all that information somehow and not lose it with recovery, if it all ends in having to do the recovery thing. HELP!

This is what exactly happens when I turn on laptop

when i try to boot up, i get a black screen that says:

"we apologize for the inconveneince, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Normally."

It gives me the options to start up with safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt, last known good config, or start windows normally, and starts a countdown.
If I choose either Start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with comand prompt or Last known good configuration, the computer will seem to be starting up, but after seeing the black screen with the windows logo, it shuts down and restarts and Acer screen comes up and again , i'm back to the same screen that starts with "we apologize for the inconvenience." (this goes on over and over , like a loop)

Specs

Aspire 5002WLCi
(1MB L2 Cache, 1.6 GHz)

60 GB HDD

DVD/CD-RW combo

512 DDR

802/11 b/g wireless lan

In BIOS

PhoenixBios

CPU type AMD turion ™ 64 Mobile Technology
CPU Speed 1600 MHz
Manufacturer: Acer
Product Name Aspire 5000

System memory: 640 KB
Extended Memory : 446MB
Video Memory : 64MB
Quiet boot ( Enabled)
Power on display (Auto)
Network boot (Enabled)
F12 boot menu (Disabled)
D2D Recovery ( Enabled)

October 30, 2007 4:52:22 AM

I would agree with Grumpy, it's either a currupt registry or a damaged MFT.

I would back up your saved documents or whatever you want to keep, and re-install XP, or you can try this little fix only if your install disc is slipstreamed with SP2 included... if so boot from your install disc, let it load, do not use the recovery console, or hit R yet, enter "install windows", f8 to agree, then click R, this will repair windows system files, and will not delete any favorites or documents, you will have to update windows from MS update.

!