Any way to limit remote control only to some folders?

deviss

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
There is any way to limit the remote control connection of an user for some folders only ?

Meaning if he connects to my pc he can only acces 1 folder. I don t want him to be allowed to open any extra programs like mozzila, etc except some that i manually add to an exception list

I only want to allow remote for let s say 1-2 folders on pc. User that connects can edit everything in that folder, start executables .exe , etc.. Except that he can t modify anything and i m reffering he can t access internet explorer or any browser to surf over the internet, he cant see system specs by right clicking mycomputer, etc. If it s able to be done... when he connects through remote he can see only that folder or access only a shortcut to that folder.

I don t want the user to be able even to see the taskmanager bar

The proper way to do it is to enable Sharing on the folder. Once you do that, select a name for the share and you can access it using \\computername\sharename\.

Go to the folder you want to share, right-click on it and you will see a Sharing tab.

There is no need for someone to remote into a computer just to get access to a few files.