Dual boot on dell studio 1537

chiqui

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
hi everybody,

I have a dell studio 1537....the problem is I try to install to my computer windows XP 64 bit and also freeBSD OS. but I cannot do that...when I try it says system is panicing and there is no loader processes...When I try with another 64 bit computer the cd s worked ...So it is not about the CD....and I also adjusted the booting from the BIOS...when I call the service of Dell they said that the system doesnt support other than win xp or vista...I mean how is it possible...do you know any solution on this....I really need to install as a dual boot my FreeBSD and Win XP Pro....I have heard first time in my life that a computer doesnt support dual boot OS....
could you please help me on that....I am really frustrated....thanks for your helps...

chiqui....

linux_0

Splendid
First off run memtest for 8-12 hours and see if it finds any problems, then try ubuntu and fedora to see if they boot.

Dell sells laptops with Ubuntu pre-installed so there is a good chance Ubuntu will run.

You can virtualize BSD if you have to.

Good luck :)

chiqui

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
thanks for your all answer,

But actually you may be right that the computer cannot support the freeBSD OS.
Actually I want to change only because of this reason. Do you know any other model of dell which support the Freebsd OS or it can be any other brand as well; like hp toshiba or whatever...if so please inform me and I have to do that immediately...and if you know how can I understand that a computer suupport freebsd OS or not...could you please inform me about that...because this is the first time I got this experience...

thanks...