Need a different windows to install

rmason

Honorable
May 15, 2012
"The version of this file is not compatible with the versions of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system for information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program." This is what keeps happening when I try to install a CD for the program 'Body Works: a 3D Journey Through the Human Anatomy'. I have checked my computer's properties and it is running a 64-bit operating system. I don't know if this helps, but on the CD package it says "Window's 95" "Windows 3.1"rmason1210@yahoo.com

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Windows 95/Windows 3.1 were 16-bit operating systems so all software developed for it was in 16-bit format unless specified otherwise.

Since you are using a 64-bit OS, you cannot run that program, even in an emulator. You will have to get a 32-bit/16-bit computer to properly run it.

No; Windows 95 was a 32-bit OS. But many programs of that era were designed to run on Windows 3 also and so were, as you say, 16-bit programs. A further complication is that some older 32-bit programs used a 16-bit installer. Some of these can be made to run on 64-bit systems with a little trickery, but not all.

I suspect the only way you could run this program on your PC would be to run Windows 95 in a Virtual Machine.