Sign in with
Your question

Crysis multiplayer video, looks so so

Last response: in CPUs
May 11, 2007 5:11:59 PM

http://news.filefront.com/new-video-of-crysis-multiplay...

Obviously not the quality expected in the real game, but at least I know the MP gameplay doesnt look too great. Single player vids look fricken awesome.

This appears to be DX9.
May 11, 2007 5:13:31 PM

Lol, just read some of the comments on that blog, and it appears others agree with me. What you think?
May 11, 2007 5:42:47 PM

i think the multiplayer gameplay looks awesome, but everyone has different taste.
Related resources
May 11, 2007 6:00:35 PM

lots of runnin' gunnin' ...and jumpin'...fast switching of weapons...looks like the kids are going to have a ball with this game. :( 
Me wonders if the kids will have the hardware to play this game.
i know i will, but looke at the gameplay,its arcadish :x
May 11, 2007 6:04:08 PM

The single player vids I've seen look really well done, with the physics and new graphics/DX10 setup etc. Vibrant colors etc. This looked like any other game, so I hope that it's not gonna be like this.

There is a huge risk in hyping up a game so many months in advance - we could be setup for massive disappointment. I remember when I built my baby in Aug06, I was debating whether to get a cheap DX9 card and upgrade to DX10 a few months later when Crysis came out. Look where we are now. No Crysis, and no main adoption of DX10 games. What a stuff up. The DX10 rollout has been very disappointing.

I'm really glad I went with the $300 x1900xt and not something worse. The GeForce 7950 was around $500+ if I remember correctly.

When do they think we will officially have DX10 games available to the mass market (with full driver support, cheaper costs etc). Maybe 12 months? Dec 2007 will be a good jump up in interest.
May 11, 2007 6:05:44 PM

BTW - I listened to the EA earnings call a couple of days ago. Spore has also been delayed. Geeeeeeezzzzzz.
May 11, 2007 6:12:53 PM

there have been multiplayer video's of crysis atleast a half year or more.
and dont start crying yet.. there is probably gonna be servers set with more realism gameplay with fast run and high jump turned off
May 11, 2007 6:14:13 PM

I watched the whole THG vid. I'm still sticking by my view that this game will be a legend of its time, one of the best games ever produced up until this point.
May 11, 2007 6:20:49 PM

Man I cant wait to play this game. When are they expecting it to come out? Did you see the vid on YouTube where you can shoot out a cars tires, get the car to roll etc. Wooohoooooo.
May 11, 2007 6:21:45 PM

The hardware required to play this game at high FPS is gonna be insane. I'm too afraid to even think about it. More upgrades, and more $$$. Waaaaaaaaaaaa :( 
May 11, 2007 6:26:23 PM

i think it looks good actually, but i wouldn't expect much of a multiplayer game on something like crysis, which is heavily single player orientated. take bf2 for example, awesome multiplayer but bugger all to do on single player. in fact i don't think i've come across a game which has had an equally strong single/ multi player mode, with the exception of command and conquer tiberian sun
May 11, 2007 6:29:40 PM

Quote:
there have been multiplayer video's of crysis atleast a half year or more.
and dont start crying yet.. there is probably gonna be servers set with more realism gameplay with fast run and high jump turned off

Not going to happen. The jumping and running is the result of the nano suit and thats a core fundamental to the game, its very unlikely there will be any option to disable it.

Also, you aware it is stamina limited?

2 jumps max or 1 short sprint leaves you needing energy and I believe that 2 jumps eats your health energy as well as jump energy leaving you even more vulnerable to enemy fire.
May 11, 2007 6:36:30 PM

At E3 earlier this year they were running it on a Dell with an overclocked Intel Quad Core processor, Vista 64, 2 x 800gtx in sli, 4Gb of memory and it was returning 17fps!!!

HOWEVER, that was before it had been optimised. They've said that it will run on a high end pc thats up to 2 years old.

For the very highest settings and to get all the particle effects, you do need DX10 though, although the DX9 game runs DX10 very close from what we've seen. So a fast DX9 pc should have very very nice graphics.

Final specs are not settled but from what they've said, I'd expect it to run on a wide range of 2 year old pc's at some graphical level.
May 11, 2007 6:51:22 PM

Why are you posting this in the CPU forum and bumping your own thread every couple of minutes.

Stop being an attention seeker and go and watch your video again.
May 11, 2007 7:04:05 PM

Though with the Stamina thing, I might like it better. But that video's gameplay looks like something from painkiller\UT2004. I guess you can't call it Bunny Hopping, But I don't think I'm going to care for it much.

I'm a little disappointed, when they first started talking about the game and the different powers of the suit, they said there would be a time delay in shifting from speed to Strength, etc etc. Which I like that thought of. But all the videos show it being instant, and I think that dumbs the game down to almost a twitchfest.

But I'll reserve final judgement until I play the game. I think the Single player may be the finest game of the day, much like I preferred Far Cry over HL2 and Doom3. Multiplayer is going to have a fair amount of competition this year, so we'll see.
May 11, 2007 7:30:01 PM

yes im aware of that but i think the host can decide about the power use and what to turn on and off, u will see.
May 11, 2007 7:35:01 PM

Quote:
http://news.filefront.com/new-video-of-crysis-multiplay...

Obviously not the quality expected in the real game, but at least I know the MP gameplay doesnt look too great. Single player vids look fricken awesome.

This appears to be DX9.

Looks good, although I was expecting to see a more destructable environment? The warehouse reminds me suspiciously of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. area.
May 11, 2007 7:46:41 PM

Look exactly as I expected and hoped it would be. It makes me happy on the inside. As said above...everyone has different taste! deathmatch is always going to be similar. Its just a gametype that doesnt change. Its no really about what you are seeing as we have said before its all to familiar in many other games, but rather how it feels while playing it. The way guns and player movement work in multiplayer as well as the maps and graphics is what does it for me.

Best,

3Ball
May 11, 2007 8:07:57 PM

Are you saying the quality is not good ? What did you smoke ? Go check the some good video with better quality like HD one.
May 11, 2007 8:48:28 PM

maybe the it doesnt look so good to some of you (i think it looks good, nothing spectacular tho) because as it says in the video, it is "pre-alpha software" so im sure plenty of things arent done.

either way, looks kinda like unreal tournament style multiplyer gameplay.
May 11, 2007 8:49:58 PM

Quote:
Are you saying the quality is not good ? What did you smoke ? Go check the some good video with better quality like HD one.

I don't know what have you been smoking? All I said was that it looked good but I figured it would have a more destructable environment?
May 11, 2007 11:24:43 PM

I have a friend or two thats played it and no mention was made of those options.

There's extensive mod support though so there's no reason why it couldn't be modded out, but like I said above the suit is central to the whole game.

Also be aware it is aimed at arcade style. It won't be realism, there won't be one shot killing (apart from the headshots) of course.

The whole point of the suit is the jumping, armour, super strength and speed are very much the point of the gameplay. Its not necessarily going to be the best shooter who wins but the one who employs the best tactics and can manipulate the suit the best way.
May 12, 2007 1:49:13 AM

It better be pre-alpha...spray and pray ftl.
May 12, 2007 1:55:45 AM

Well, like with all games, the community will decide what they like and don't like and if modding is possible, they can limit or change the suit's ability. Using Far cry as an example, many people despised the rocket launchers in it. So servers banned it's use, and kicked for using it. Then some clever script writers made it so a server admin could limit the damage the rockets caused.

I hoped on a server a few months back and whenever someone tried to use the rocket launchers it would spam across the screen that player XYZ is a lamer rocket noob.

BF1942 and 2 both have their "reality" mods so as long as Crytek has made Crysis somewhat easy to mod and change, then we'll see what the majority of people like. Maybe people will choose to double the jumping and staminia options.
!