Sign in with
Your question

Jerky Game Play

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
May 25, 2012 12:38:16 PM

I have an AMD at 1700MHz and iut is very jerky with Age of Empires II, but fine with Mech-Warrior II, any clues ?

More about : jerky game play

June 7, 2012 4:51:38 PM

Maybe the graphic settings are higher on one game and lower on the otehr making badder performance on the game with the higher settings.
m
l
a b À AMD
June 8, 2012 3:37:45 PM

Need more info. Video card model? RAM amount? AOE2 has higher requirements I think.
m
l
Related resources
June 15, 2012 6:26:25 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Need more info. Video card model? RAM amount? AOE2 has higher requirements I think.

Not really, I used to run AoE2 on a 233MMX with 64MB Ram and it was superb. The current Video card is an Nvidia M64 with 32MB, using DDR2 Ram, 512MB. That should be fine. Both games run at the same resolution, have tried different accelerator settings, different colour densities, you name it. I suspect that there is something not right because the whole machine hangs and the mouse pointer stops,the animations are equally affected,whereas in MechWarrior2 all is great, using maximum settings and it is as smooth as.
m
l
a b À AMD
June 15, 2012 3:24:42 PM

That's some old systems. Have you tried a clean Windows setup, re-install the drivers?
m
l
June 22, 2012 1:24:27 PM

hang-the-9 said:
That's some old systems. Have you tried a clean Windows setup, re-install the drivers?

Yes Dude, It is a clean install. It is not an old system, it was assembled for the task, the Motherboard was made in 2001.
m
l
a b À AMD
June 22, 2012 1:47:15 PM

Do you have an XP setup disk to try with that? There are not a lot of different downloads for older windows versions to play with. DirectX and video drivers would be something to check but I don't know if you can find anything that old around.
m
l
!