Nerox

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
well, i have installed windows vista business 64 bit in my machine, and i notice that i take too long to start!!, I also have wireless internet, and since that now it take too more time, for example, when it starts the screen of nod32 anti virus appears after 2 minutes that the desktop appears.. that begins to happen when I started to use wireless, but before that starting mi pc was slow too! .. I have in the sidebar one gadget that shows me the cpu usage an the memory usage, and when mi pc is starting i realized that the cpu usage goes to 90% in many times! and the memory usage went to 50%.. then after like 7-10 minutes I begin to use the computer, at that time the cpu usage is no more moving , i mean it stick at 5% or so .. and the memory usage went to 32%, then that's when i begin to use the computer because i don't like it to use when the cpu usage Is a lot also the memory.

What it could be? i check the startup programs and i only have like 5 programs that runs at startup, only 5!! and it takes too much time?? whys that? the programs that runs at startup are : amd dual core optimizer, driver for my graphic card, nod32, sidebar, and Microsoft office groove.
can you help me with this please? im sick of waiting a long time at the startup of my system!!
thanks!

PD: SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Nerox

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
I have cheked all my drivers and all of them are updated!! I noticed when i enter to the task manager in the "proces" section i see that the one is taking a lot of memory is some called "svchost" but i realized that there arent only one "svchost" there are like 5 process called svchost!!! whats that? mmm what would be the problem of my slow startup??? I also noticed that when windows is initiating my hard drive starts to make a lot of noise!! a lot!! and also when im doing something like playing or when the system is trying to load something the hard drive make a lot of noise?? please help me!!

Well.. The "latest" driver can hang just as easily as anything else. "svchost" just means Service Host. This is a generic process which other programs create and use in order to do work. And yes, you can have more than one active at a time. You have to identify what it is the system is having an issue with.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/057580a1-7002-4f43-9240-a74f42cb05c91033.mspx

As far as the Hard Drive: Vista is Indexing everything for faster search. You can disable that in the system preferences, but I recommend leaving it alone. The excess activity will stop once Indexing is complete.