Need Case Recomendation

jwolf24601

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
A lot of the screw holes in my old enermax case are becomming stripped so I guess it's time to replace it.

I have a few requirements for a new case though

1. No doors, wings, or anything else obstructing access to all the front access drives 3.5" and 5.25"

2. Must have 2 front access 3.5" drive bays

3. Must have front pannel USB, Audio (preferably new HD audio) and preferably have a firewire port in front.

4. I air cool so needs good ventilation, 120mm fans are big +

5. Must have side window or mesh so I can show off flashy components

6. Good for wire routing

7. Room for 1000w power supplies and geforce 8800gtx video cards. I dont have either, but dont want to be restricted later if I decide to get something that size.

warshez

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2007
i've got a preference for thermaltake. The armor looks nice.

there are other cases like the lian li v2100, coolermaster stacker stc 01, silverstone.

Do some research yourself. Then come back with a list of choices and find out which one is the better quality case that offers the needed airflow.

I second that...

Researching for yourself, you may even find enough info to decide for yourself, without our help, AND you will be rewarded with the extra knowledge and experience from it. Good luck!

ted_ks

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2004
I just built a new system - everything you want except the clear side panel.
lots of room to make a clean wire run and have the open space to allow good air flow.
BUT - I did a LOT of work on the case to begin with.
the top panel. drilled two holes for extra strength screws - then added a carry handle - home depot utility chest handle.
cut a hole in the side panel accross from the cpu and added a 120mm fan with a filter. used household heater vent filter (walmart 12 fer 3 bucks)
another 120mm fan from front across the 2 hd's and across the chip sets and out the back.
one 80 mm exhaust fan out the back.
thermaltake cpu cooler (fan type)
PLUS - cut a hole in right side cover oposite the cpu (bottom of mobo) and had to cut another hole in the mobo mount panel ( slide out) and added a dual fan HD cooler setup that i had to circulate air from the back side of the mobo.
thermaltake 750 w ps - only runs the mobo - video card and 2 hd's.
a second ps 500w ( it was cheap) runs the floppy - dvd/cd and the fans.
go to newegg - they have a slide in that has the mic, headphone, usb ports and another has some more elaborate stuff. hahaha

my b4 build pc I had to leave the side cover off and ran a 12 inch fan into the case to keep it cool enuf - now no probs - yet - knock on wood..hahaha

the case came with a door that covers the upper areas - floppy, cd etc - I just popped it off and still great looking case.

just one guys build
ted
:)