Status
Not open for further replies.

decoy26517

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
I've been using Vista for about a month now and something that has really REALLY gotten under my skin is that auto "read only" setting for folders/directories. Furthermore when I try to turn it off I get a "You will need to provide administrative permission to change these attributes" error. Now its understandable that only administrators should be allowed to perform system actions and such, but the problem is I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR. Infact, there is only 1 account on this machine and it does have the administrative access. But whenever I try to change some kind of folder option it says I am not the administrator.

Is there anyway to fix this or am I doomed?

decoy26517

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006

tried running Windows explorer "As administrator" By right clicking and clicking on "Run as administrator" And it still doesn't work.

Tried changing the compatibility mode of it and it says "Compatibility modes cannot be set on this program because it is part of this version of windows."

Yes I tried to create another profile and give permissions to that one and that didn't work either.

Any other ideas? I don't like being doomed by my OS. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.