Sign in with
Your question

Windows Media Player 11 - no sound

Last response: in Windows XP
November 7, 2007 6:07:19 PM

I've tried 3 versions of Windows media player to try playing CDs. None worked as there was no sound. Other programs which need sound work perfectly OK, eg I can play DVDs in InterVideo DVD. Does anyone know what I can do? I thought media player would automatically use my sound card but apparently that's not the case. Thanks for any help,
November 7, 2007 7:34:21 PM

Did you check the Media Player settings to make sure nothing is muted?
November 8, 2007 6:55:18 PM

I checked to make sure the louspeakers on my system weren't muted. And that the CD player line in setting was reasonable. I can't see anything to check IN media player as its toolbar has choice like Rip, Burn, Now playing, Sync but nowhere to configure anything else. But as I said as soon as I use other programs, hey presto everything works !!!
Related resources
November 8, 2007 7:53:42 PM

Check Tools, Options, Devices and Speaker Properties
Anonymous
November 10, 2008 5:07:12 PM

i have the very same problem~
My dad baought this computer thats running a bootleg windows, and im trying to figure out why can't a have audio when i put dvds but when i play songs i can hear it. the computer and built in speakers. i think i need the audio cable, or maybe its the bootleg software even though i dont think so because it worked before @___@ agh!! computers are so confusing...
!