WINDOWS VISTA FREEZES AFTER START UP

Capitalflush

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
hello,

ive got three months old laptop HP Pavilion Vista Intel Core 2 Duo Centrino, very fast video card etc etc...

suddenly after all this time its been working well, the laptop freezes about five minutes after start up and it doesnt respond at all, nothing, not even ctrl+alt+del, only the mouse i can still move it around but thats it, it doesnt respond when i click on anything..

i have tried everything i could, like restoring the system to a previous date and still freezes, tried on safe mode it doesnt freeze but i dont know what to do next..

tried fixing the start up problems with the default windows helper that appeared since i was turning the laptop off by taking is power source which i hate doing.. but the start up helper program doesnt have a solution so basically im screwed..

one of these days im gonna buy an apple cuz i dont see the practicallity of having a system that apparently loves getting sick and stop working for no apparent reason.. i mean come on, we can all see why microsoft allows it to be so vulnerable so they can make more bucks.. create a disease so ppl buy ur remedy, no? am i the only one with this problem?

if anyone could help, id appreciate it.. contact me on capitalflush@gmail.com

peace

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
How exactly would making a vulnerable OS allow them to make more money? They give away the updates for free.

I believe you (or very few people) are the only one with the problem, which leads me to believe that it's not MS that created the problem, but you.

So if you start windows and do nothing else at all, just let windows load, will it freeze? Or does it only happen when you are running programs?

I would go to the search and type "msconfig", go to the startup tab and start disabling items. Personally I'd disable one item at a time and test it out. It would take a while, but if the problem something loading at startup, then you would know exactly what it is.

You could also pop in your operating system disk and do a repair install.

Good luck, and if you find the problem, or none of that works, the be sure to post back.

Capitalflush

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
thanks for the replies they really helped! it seemed to have work however it has started to do the same thing again! i think that it has got something to do with my PS3... when i switch it off entirely my laptop then works fine.. o.o

when i go out of mz house the prob;em doesnt occur apparently..
is this possible.. i mean, my PS3 does share wifi internet connection but what does that have to do with anything?