all fans sometimes spinning,sometimes not..

karchis

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
i got this problem after i setup new pc...what i mean by all fan is cpu fan,psu fan and casing fan..when the fans are spinning,the led is on,but only for few seconds,then it off and continue spinning,not,spinning,not...can somebody tell me why?the only new hardware is my motherboard..the others are 1 month older..

i'm using gigabyte ds 3 rev3.3, xilence 600watt,1 gb ram,7600gt,pentium d 930..

thank you.

tdank

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Check your bios settings and see if the fan speeds are set to default. Try to manually adjust them to your preference. Many MBs have a smart fan setting you can adjust based on the current temp readings for the hardware the fan supports.

However with the LEDs going out as well.........it could be a power issue. Im not real big on the whole Laser Show In My PC thing so I dont know much about the LEDs. If they are set to only glow when the fan is on there may be no problem. If they are supposed to glow all the time it sounds like they are going bad or you have a power issue. Make sure all the fan/led connections are secure, if you have some spares you know work you may want to try swtiching some of them out as well.

karchis

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
actually..i can't even go to bios..in another word...my pc didn't start..only the spinning of the fan..and the leds...huhu

tdank

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
:lol: Yeah you forgot to mention the rest of the PC didnt power on.............

Reseat your hardware(CPU, RAM, GPU ETC.....) and try booting with only one stick of memory if you have multiples.