Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Vista OEM Transfer - New Motherboard HELP!

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 27, 2007 2:33:18 PM

hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help. I currently have an OEM copy of Vista Home Premium 64 on a homebuild. I am upgrading my motherboard soon and apparently this may mean that my copy of vista may not work anymore as you only get one install with OEM copies. Is this still true and is there anyway around it? If not I may have to buy a retail copy of Vista! Please help!

thanks in advance

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 27, 2007 2:59:09 PM

nzxtlexa said:
hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help. I currently have an OEM copy of Vista Home Premium 64 on a homebuild. I am upgrading my motherboard soon and apparently this may mean that my copy of vista may not work anymore as you only get one install with OEM copies. Is this still true and is there anyway around it? If not I may have to buy a retail copy of Vista! Please help!

thanks in advance

Call the 800 number when prompted to activate and explain you have a new MB. No problem, MS will activate your copy of VISTA. VISTA OEM EUA is the same as XP.

Related resources
November 27, 2007 3:57:06 PM

thanks for the quick reply badge. I guess i'll just have to go through the hassle of getting new activation details.
Score
a b V Motherboard
November 27, 2007 4:33:04 PM

Just call the 800 number if required for activation. It's hardly a hassle. better than buying a new copy of Vista, that would be silly.
Score
!