enigma322

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
So I have a Compaq Presario S6900NX and I just bought a SATA Hard drive. But I cant seem to find a cable that matches the SATA data slot...so does that mean I can just go out and buy any SATA cable and it will fit with my comp? or is the comp to old to use an SATA HD.

enigma322

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
Well thanks for your effort...it turns out i will most likely get a harddrive thats compatable with my mobo...which i dont know what be called.

joex444

Distinguished
LOL, $300 for a SATA controller.

The OP doesn't need RAID or PCI-X, especially since the Compaq doesn't have PCI-X.

Depending on where you bought your SATA HD (that is, in store or online), it might be cheaper and easier for you to get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132002

So, for $23 you can get a SATA controller shipped. If you bought the SATA HD online, it'll probably cost more than that to ship back your drive, take the 15% restocking fee and ship out a new PATA one.

If you bought instore, though, they'll probably exchange it for a PATA one at no cost.

LOL... $300...

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
LOL, $300 for a SATA controller.

The OP doesn't need RAID or PCI-X, especially since the Compaq doesn't have PCI-X.

Depending on where you bought your SATA HD (that is, in store or online), it might be cheaper and easier for you to get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132002

So, for $23 you can get a SATA controller shipped. If you bought the SATA HD online, it'll probably cost more than that to ship back your drive, take the 15% restocking fee and ship out a new PATA one.

If you bought instore, though, they'll probably exchange it for a PATA one at no cost.

LOL... $300...

I figured you could get these cheaper than $300 but could never find them. when I was looking a while back.

enigma322

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
so far, most of the reviews on the thing said it doesnt work very well...im not sure if i want to get it if it wont even work.

TRENDING THREADS