pAnoNymous

Distinguished
May 12, 2007
Now that the p35 is out, at least unofficially, how much longer will we have to wait for the x38? Last time the 975x came out 7/8 months before the p965 so that would be a long time to wait. Then again why didn't the x38 come out first this time? :?:

pAnoNymous

Distinguished
May 12, 2007
thanks for the heads up. not sure if I can wait 2/3/4 months for some extra PCI-E lanes, PCI-E2.0 and official support for faster DDR3 RAM.

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
also expect great overclockability + extra support + more crazy heatpiped solutions ^^

the 975 is how old? and its still used as one of the top performing chipsets.

x38 supports pcie2 so you can crossfire the new radeon cards without bottleneck.

( im 100% certain the new ati cards are pcie2)

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
some are talking about a june time-frame... Get in line, I'm going to wait for however long.

45nm, 4-cores, ddr3, 16G (I'll start with 4x2G and then 16G, only when 4x4 is available)... YES!!! Finally 5.9 on EI!!! sorry, gotta be a vista user to get the 5.9 thing...

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
'Best' has always been a relative term... i've been telling folks that 32-bits is the dregs.

1) The hardware is here today and I have 64-bit drivers for everything.

2) My drives are giving me much better sustained throughput than anything I ever saw with 32-bit XP or Vista.

3) It is supposed to give better multi-core support (but that just may be Ultimate in general).

4) It is the only way you can access more than 3.2G ram (unless you want to revert to the old extended memory nightmares of the late '80s). I just bought 2 2x2G kits because memory prices are SO low right now.

5) Runs all of my off-the-shelf app software just fine! But, you've still got to write your own apps if you _really_ want to see the benefits of 64-bit addressing...

6) So, everything works fine for me and I won't have to do a reinstall whenever someone like crysis comes out with that REAL killer 64-bit app (it will just take 1 in the next 12 mos and the 32-bit party is over).

What's not to like - to me it is the best; others with lessor systems will have a different set of metrics (maybe even a sour grapes kinda thing).

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
....but games work okay right?

im mostly worried about the games thats why ><!! + vista is giving me the shts at the moment so i took it off.

to install somthing that isnt for vista specifically, you have to run the setup twice! wtF?>!!

waste of my time + ram.. vista kills ram.

might wait till xp1 or 2 comes out.. then we will see many many people migrate to vista.

btw, how are those 2x2g modules? i heard that 2g ones had bad latency..

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
to install somthing that isnt for vista specifically, you have to run the setup twice! wtF?>!!
never heard of that one, probably someone just pulling your leg. Same thing with the ram issue, its not really a problem - Vista only uses a very small amount more than XP, just like XP used a small amount more than ME. It does take advantage of memory that is just sitting around a lot better but it's more like a dynamic cache thing that you get back really quick. I've got a 4G system and it always shows that I have 0M available - but things load really quick and I never run out...

Yeah, if the main use of your computer is for playing games and you don't care about learning things or knowing the truth then waiting for a SP won't hurt (eventually you'll have to update though). rumor has it that there will be one in Nov.