Sign in with
Your question

How to access ubuntu files from windows 7

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
September 21, 2009 8:57:42 AM

how to access ubuntu files from windows 7 and vice versa
is their any software to do so or can we just move through the ubuntu files like..., etc,usr etc...
rply me
September 21, 2009 8:45:06 PM

Depends what file system you run on Ubuntu but you can get a driver for Ext2/3 that works great for doing just this from http://www.fs-driver.org/ for a default install it should be all you need.
m
l
September 21, 2009 10:07:26 PM

If you want to just use a 'sharing folder' type deal, you could install Samba on your Ubuntu rig, and then have sharing space. I currently have Ubuntu and Vista sharing files, works fine for what I need.

:) 
m
l
Related resources
September 22, 2009 6:55:26 PM

Hmm.. I'd seen the question as it being on the same PC (dual boot). Samba is a good option although secure FTP works well from Windows, just map it and you can browse through explorer.

OP - Can you clarify if this is dual OS on one box or two systems.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2010 4:32:32 PM

how can thjis be done thorugh a local network among 2 computers one with ubuntu 10.04 and the other with vista?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2010 4:41:55 PM

Samba.
m
l
November 23, 2010 11:24:42 PM

Can you give detailed step by step instructions how to use secure ftp please. Please assume the audience knows nothing about ftp or mapping please.

[/quote]
audiovoodoo said:
Hmm.. I'd seen the question as it being on the same PC (dual boot). Samba is a good option although secure FTP works well from Windows, just map it and you can browse through explorer.

OP - Can you clarify if this is dual OS on one box or two systems.

m
l
!