In my XP pro my computer icon take too much time....

blacknight

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004
Hi,

Today, I tried to share my C: drive with other PC but in middle i decide not to share it. After that, My computer acting funky. if i click my computer icon, i see flash light everytime and my access to my data is too slow and some time it will not show at all. While, sharing drive i show it was changing permisson of some files....

I am not sure but that could be issue for me..

can someone help me to restore my proper permission on my c: folders?

Please help....

thanks.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
folder options, uncheck simple file sharing, Now go to document and settings folder, proprieties, you will now see a security feature in there.
You can now add, edit or what ever too the security policies, you can even take control of someones folder and files that are shared if that person gives full access.
Have you ever been in a situation when a prompt said you do not have permission contact the system admin. I had a computer to work on and she wanted her files to be saved copy and paste dont work because of the security policy, however if you take the harddrive and plug it in your computer you can take control of the permissions and set them as the way I explained