fix for stop: c0000221 oleaut32.dll may be corrupted

darkkathos

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Alright here is my problem when ever I try to but my computer which is running XP Pro Service Pack 2. The OS loads and right after the windows icon goes away I get a stop error. The error is stop: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} oleaut32.dll may be corrupted. And after the error I have to restart and I get the error again. I have tried booting in safe mode and I still get the error. Start up has yet to make it to the desktop. Is there an easy fix for this? And if not, would trying to repair the OS using the XP CD work and if i were to do that would i lose all my files?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If badge's suggestion doesn't work, try running the dieagnostic/repair software from the hdd mfg from a floppy. You could try an XP repair from the CD but it's the BIOS or hdd, it won't work

darkkathos

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
alright i tried the jumper and that didn't work and i am working on finding an external floppy drive cause well my computer doesn't have a floppy drive in it. But while i try to find that are there any other suggestions?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Long shot but could check the PSU. Hopefully, the external Floppy will work but given they're $7 or so at newegg, would be just as easy to get an internal. While you seldom need a Floppy, when you do it's usually because nothing else will work.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Repairing the os you dont lose a thing
Replace the Oleaut32.dll file in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder with the Oleaut32.dll file included in Microsoft Windows you will mostlikely need the xpsp2 cd you can try the xpcd see if it will take it