can anybody help me please?

benchjie_a

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
hi there...i have this problem with my computer. i have experience a virus called "aikelyu". i already know how to kill this virus so there's no problem. but when i clear the traces of it, i was able to edit the wrong file in the "regedit".
i went to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogonand then wrongly changed the C:\WINDOWS\...32/userinit...exe, i can't remember exactly. i was able to change the last part which is "userinit..exe," into "explorer exe". now my problem is when i restart the computer i can't log-in anymore. It will just say "loading personal settings but after a few seconds it will automatically log-ff. i can't log-in to my account. can anybody lend me some help here please? how do i go about this? please i badly needed your help. i have some common knowledge about computers but that's not enough. i already tried some safemode menu but my administrator account still cannot get in it will still log-off automaticaly. any troubleshooting instructions you can give please? thanks

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Ok how to fix my way is this put your windows cd in
go through the setup process and choose repair choose R
R
follow the step
you do not lose any information with this repair

benchjie_a

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
ok i'll do that. i'm in a cafe right now coz i really can't access my computer. aside from that is there any other ways to get in? i would welcome additional ideas just in case i needed a back-up plan. thanks for your help.