ATI and MSI problem

cmk777

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
hi

Got a Connect3D ATI X1550 pci-e video card and it hangs each time i access any 3d stuff , any ideas?

heres my specs:

Mboard: K9vgm-V AM2 latest bios.
Ram : 1GB DDR 667
HDD : 200gb pata
CRT Monitor 17 "
500W PSU

2D works fine , just each time I load a game or access Catalyst control panel it hangs sometime reboots the PC.

Tried fresh install of XP, with no joy.

Anyone any ideas if this card works on this board? I see on the MSI site it says no X300 based ATI cards but is this related to my problems at all?

cheers

CMK
:D

logical2u

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2007
Could it just be that what you're doing is putting way too much strain on your system, causing it to lag to death?

Can you run Photoshop (Or some other photo-editing software other than paint, or maybe Flash or something... even Paint.net?)? I found Photoshop 5.0 was hard on my last system to the point of unresponsiveness. (Now though it's a bit better).

Did you install the latest videocard drivers (And clean the last ones)?

cmk777

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
hi

Cleaned drivers each time i installed new ones.

def not strain on system , if I start a game for example running no other applications at all - as soon as it comes to any 3d bit the whole pc freezes , another example is when i ran 3dmark03 it starts to render the first test then hangs on me ...

Very puzzling , not to mention annoying !

cheers

Cmk

cmk777

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
hi

realised the sound drivers aint installed , seems the card is incompatible as I disabled the soundcard in the bios and its getting stable results on dxdiag now, still no games though..

This is weird !

8O

cmk