Sign in with
Your question
Closed

vista won't display pictures

Last response: in Windows Vista
December 10, 2007 8:34:44 AM

Hi, just asking after I got a new laptop with vista I transferred all my music, pictures, and music videos. For a day all was ok and then my music videos would play in mp but no audio. I deleted from my library and then added again and they played ok in wmc. Then same happened, they play fine in cyberlink power dvd, but for some reason no audio in wmc.
Also when I imported my pictures to windows photo gallery, I suddenly lost the ability to see them in their own folder, I now have to physically open the file, there is no preview or image in the thumbnail besides a stock image.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A200/S01....C2D @ 2.2 ghz, 2 gb RAM, ATI HD2600....any ideas?
Thanks and regards
Brad

More about : vista display pictures

Best solution

December 12, 2007 4:15:35 PM

As far as viewing the thumbnails of the pictures you probbobly have "Show thumbnails instead of icon" unchecked under performance options under System Properties. About the movies I'm guessing maybe a codec thing is going on...not to sure, but the pictures fix is what I did in my case and it works.
March 7, 2009 11:02:08 PM

bildo123 said:
As far as viewing the thumbnails of the pictures you probbobly have "Show thumbnails instead of icon" unchecked under performance options under System Properties. About the movies I'm guessing maybe a codec thing is going on...not to sure, but the pictures fix is what I did in my case and it works.

This was a great suggestion. Thanks.
Score
!