Sign in with
Your question

IM DONE WITH THE R600 BS!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 12, 2007 2:08:08 AM

OK im sooo sick of the phony Advertising of R600.
First AMD tell us to wait until Dec for the R600 then to Q1 07 then to may and now maybe July?? WTF!!!!!!
IMHO they lost all my respect when they pulled a Gabe Nevell. With that i mean " Oh the source code was stole" YEAH RIGHT!!! the game wasnt even close to be done. So imo ATI and Valve can go screw themself with a Spiked Flail or something equally painful anally!

So to make my FLAME short. They have until ENd of may to cough up a decent 8800 GTX killer with DDR4 Ram or else i will change to be a NVIDIA fan (god forbid) (Have HATED nvida since their CRAPPY Geforce 1)
Anyhow Either cough up the goodies or i wont buy another Ati product until end of time. And if they cant do so. they might as well go belly up!

So long you DICKWAD MR RUIZ!!!

More about : r600

May 12, 2007 2:18:10 AM

Ok
May 12, 2007 2:29:08 AM

No one is forcing you to wait.
Related resources
May 12, 2007 2:58:22 AM

What are you talking about? You must wait for DAAMIT. :lol:  If you want kickass DX10 performance now just go buy a Geforce 8800. I have to admit, that 8800 GTS 320 is looking mighty tempting. :D 
May 12, 2007 3:01:09 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about? You must wait for DAAMIT. :lol:  If you want kickass DX10 performance now just go buy a Geforce 8800. I have to admit, that 8800 GTS 320 is looking mighty tempting. :D 
We don't know how well the 8800s perform in Direct X10.
May 12, 2007 3:20:44 AM

Quote:
Just get the 8800GTX. ATI has lost this round.

He must not do that. He has to wait. In fact, come to think of it... waiting is such an excellent idea. If you wait say, another two years or so, you'll end up with a far faster video than if you were to buy one now. You've waited six months, what's another two years on top of that? :lol: 
May 12, 2007 3:24:13 AM

Less just say the 8800 GTX sucks at Dx10, who cares there aren't any titles out and until there are titles selecting a cutting edge card for that purpose is pointless. Those of us who buy a top-end card don't really care. The reason is that when something better comes along we'll buy it rather than getting stuck in this analysis paralysis of the forums. I bought my 8800 GTX the day that hit the shelves amidst all this wait and see BS. More than 6 months later it's the same song and dance.
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2007 3:52:43 AM

Quote:
They have until ENd of may to cough up a decent 8800 GTX killer with DDR4 Ram or else

Or what? You'll die?

** please god hear my words... smite this ignorant dumb Fuk and let everyone be happy, him and us **

Quote:
i will change to be a NVIDIA fan (god forbid) (Have HATED nvida since their CRAPPY Geforce 1)

If you didn't at least respect the GF 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 & 8 when they came out you were an idiot!

Quote:
Anyhow Either cough up the goodies or i wont buy another Ati product until end of time.

Who cares, bandwagon jumpers like you are just as bad a fanbois only you're being a dumba$$ because you think someone owes you something.

JackA$$ !! :roll:
May 12, 2007 3:55:42 AM

jez, give the guy his soother back, seems to have fallen out of the pram
May 12, 2007 3:58:54 AM

ROTFLMAO almost better than the Stargate "WoW" crack , i died a little inside .
May 12, 2007 4:03:56 AM

May 12, 2007 4:05:21 AM

WHat is the stargate wow crack?
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2007 4:10:32 AM

Quote:
Less just say the 8800 GTX sucks at Dx10, who cares there aren't any titles out and until there are titles selecting a cutting edge card for that purpose is pointless.

Uh, no, at this point in time it's very relevant.
Anyone who waitied this long to decide on their NextGen Card (aka DX10 card) upgrade instead of when the GTX launched or the GTS-320 arrived is looking for value for their money just in time for DX10 titles, so it matters VERY much. Buying a $300-500 card for someone planning to hold on to it for 2 years DX10 will be the life and death of these purchases, because like the FX series if either sucks at DX10 then they will have wasted about half of their $100+ premium over a last generation DX9 card.

Quote:
Those of us who buy a top-end card don't really care.

And thus should already own a GF8800 or else you do care.

Quote:
The reason is that when something better comes along we'll buy it rather than getting stuck in this analysis paralysis of the forums. I bought my 8800 GTX the day that hit the shelves amidst all this wait and see BS. More than 6 months later it's the same song and dance.

Not really, I recommended all 3 cards at some point, because they were (and some still are) simply the best option for current cuyers. However should it come to light that there were a DX10 weakness in either card, at this point in time whomever has waited this long to buy a new card is obviously not part of the buy on launch day replace every year crowd regardless of price, so it will matter very much, because if they waited 6 months to pick their card, then I'm certain they expect it to last longer than 6 months as a worthy use of their money.

Unlike the R300 vs GF-FX the weaknesses will be apparent very quickly.
All the major new titles and updates of 2007 are DX10 (FSX, Halo2, Crysis, UT3, COH2, Supreme Commander, Lost Planet, Call of Juarez) all of which arrive within the next 6 months.
So while they might still be 'playable' with whichever one turns out to be the FX, why bother at this point in time spending money on a solution that will soon be struggling in games, compared to one that will do better, when neither really 'struggles' in DX9 titles by any stretch of the imagination, even if one or the other is +10/-10% in DX9.

Personally I don't think it will even be that clear cut since there willl be some optimizations and work arounds, but either way sayng that DX10 is pointless to consider at this point is just ignorant. It was pointless last year when DX10 was about a refresh cycle away anyways, now there's good reason to consider it, especially when the only people left waiting to buy next gen cards are those buying them for the long haul, not those who will replace their cards at the drop of a hat. Heck some SLi XXX person would probably buy a whole new Xfire HD2900/2950 rig if it meant noticeably better gameplay in Crysis, and I dare say 2 months later if UT3 favoured the GF8900 or G90 or whatever, that he might even switch again if he loved that game, or felt people would be impressed by it. Hoever most people who've waitied this long in their buying cycle, are looking for the best long term solution for their $300-500 not something that they will swap out again in 6 months time.
May 12, 2007 4:13:57 AM

im gettin a HD2900 or 2950 cuz ATI is better then nvidia n now that AMD is part of ATI its gonna be even way more betters :D  :D 
May 12, 2007 4:19:33 AM

NO ONE BLOODY CARES.

im sorry... i just HAD TO.

ive seen too many of these kind of threads and quite frankly just dont see the point of it. "oh no, r600 doesnt beat 8800gtx! the worlds come to an end!" or, " oh no! r600 doesnt beat 8800! i MUST suck NVIDIAS !$%%^^ now."

:roll:

go die. we dnt care whether youve waited or not. weve all waited. so what makes you so special that you can post somthing thats already known? what point are you trying to show that hasnt already been shown? what makes your " flame" so good that you must go tell everybody about it?

ITS YOUR MONEY. WE DNT CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH IT.
May 12, 2007 4:25:18 AM

Quote:
im gettin a HD2900 or 2950 cuz ATI is better then nvidia n now that AMD is part of ATI its gonna be even way more betters :D  :D 

ATI is better than NVidia huh? Tell me, which ATI card is faster than an 8800GTX?
May 12, 2007 4:41:37 AM

Quote:
OK im sooo sick of the phony Advertising of R600.
First AMD tell us to wait until Dec for the R600 then to Q1 07 then to may and now maybe July?? WTF!!!!!!
IMHO they lost all my respect when they pulled a Gabe Nevell. With that i mean " Oh the source code was stole" YEAH RIGHT!!! the game wasnt even close to be done. So imo ATI and Valve can go screw themself with a Spiked Flail or something equally painful anally!

So to make my FLAME short. They have until ENd of may to cough up a decent 8800 GTX killer with DDR4 Ram or else i will change to be a NVIDIA fan (god forbid) (Have HATED nvida since their CRAPPY Geforce 1)
Anyhow Either cough up the goodies or i wont buy another Ati product until end of time. And if they cant do so. they might as well go belly up!

So long you DICKWAD MR RUIZ!!!

Just buy a 8800GTX and shut your trap. Then when a better card comes down the road, shut your trap. I along with others don't want to hear your whining. I'd rather see a finalized product then something thats released with nothing but bugs. By the way if you hate Nvidia so much and are pissed at ATI for not releasing their card, just get Intel's ultimate intergraded solution :p 
There is no need for this crap.
James
May 12, 2007 4:50:00 AM

Quote:

k, good man, buy away!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 12, 2007 4:52:32 AM

a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2007 4:59:25 AM

Quote:

go die. we dnt care whether youve waited or not. weve all waited.

Too bloody right, I agree.

And if I see another 'I've waited...." FAQin thread again I'm gonna take a hot steamer on someone's head!

Oh, BooHoo, you've waited 'til now!?!
$crew you, some of us waited longer for anything like this from either company, there's no Freakin' Laptop version and NEITHER AMD nor nVidia are bringing out their GF8600M / MHD2600 to market until June, so we've got longer to wait!

SO BITE ME! You could've bought alot of options between now and then, the GTS-320 was ripe many moons ago and the high end always had the GTX; but for some of us there is no similar option so waiting is not a luxury like it is for the whiners, but a forced detention for us!

Quote:
ITS YOUR MONEY. WE DNT CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH IT.

Exactly, and like they say in Snatch; 'We'll throw a dog a bone of advice, but we don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You whine about the wait again and I'll cut your FAQin Jacob's off.'

Thank god I'm going skiing this weekend or I'd have to start killin' n00bz the closer we approached launch day !! :evil: 
May 12, 2007 5:03:28 AM

Let me summarize for you:

Quote:
Waaa waaa waaa I waited 7 months for the R600 to come out and now that t comes out in 2 days I can't stand to wait any more... AMD is the devil...

I've had it with the "I've had it with R600" threads. Buy an 8800, wait for the R600, whatever, just shut up already.
May 12, 2007 5:04:31 AM

the ATI HD2900 is way better then the nvidia 8800gtx

just becuz its ATI enuff said
May 12, 2007 5:13:53 AM

Quote:

No you didn't say enough you IDOIT! What is wrong with you, you shouldn't have the right to post just like the OP and anyone else who posts these R600 threads. That's like saying AMD is better then Intel, well guess what Core2Duo is kicking anything AMD can put on the market. They have to make thier prices dive to stay competitive and the recent news about Penryn just rubes AMD's nose in Intels shit. Now post some accurate benchmarks or STFU, o wait, there are none.

TheGreatApe, No one is holding you back. Launch all hell on him when ever you like.

On another note, you going to Sunshine?

James
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2007 5:25:13 AM

Quote:

On another note, you going to Sunshine?

Yep, probably Sunday, but if it snows overnight up there (expected -2 to -4C overnight 10% chance of precip) then I'm Audi-5000 @ 7am (got my alarm set for 6:30, car's already packed). 8)

Next week Slush Cup for sure!
Just gotta remember sunscreen this time, burned my big shnoz at Louise 2 weeks ago. :oops: 
May 12, 2007 6:34:33 AM

AMD is better then intel

enuff said :D 
May 12, 2007 6:45:56 AM

Quote:
AMD is better then intel

:roll:
May 12, 2007 7:21:58 AM

Quote:

He must not do that. He has to wait. In fact, come to think of it... waiting is such an excellent idea. If you wait say, another two years or so, you'll end up with a far faster video than if you were to buy one now. You've waited six months, what's another two years on top of that? :lol: 

Don't rush ATI, it'll take more than 2 years for them to release the r600 :mrgreen:
May 12, 2007 7:25:19 AM

Oh noez, ATI iz d00m3d now that you won't wait anymore and spend your granny's pension on their shitty card with buggy drivers.

Somebody tell me under which rock this idiot was hiding until now?!? 8O

We gotta nuke that rock, just in case there were others with him.
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2007 7:51:47 AM

Quote:

lol this must be AMD's half assed marketing scheme at work here 8O
May 12, 2007 8:07:03 AM

Feeling the same here.. but not nearly as angry :?

Still stuck with P4C 3.0 + Rad850XT because of endless waiting for new ATI to come out. I used to be on the side of Nvidia but 3 out of 3 Nvidia cards that I owned died in "flames" while my 2nd ATI card is still doing its part :)  but I give AMD/ATI time untill the end of the month and if they fail to make a decent release untill then, I click to confirm my C2D+8800 order :twisted: :roll:
May 12, 2007 8:34:17 AM

OMG OMG OMG :!!!!!!!

BUBBA HUB BUBBA RAWRRAWR LAWLRELA LALA LA-LAWRT.

try saying that bit by bit like.. bu-ba-hub-bub-ba

:twisted:
May 12, 2007 8:37:59 AM

Quote:

You have proof of that?

Last time I looked the new cards were only just up there with Nvidias GTS / GTX and Nvidia still supposedly has the 8900 and 8950 ready for release as soon as the XTX hits the shelevs and as it features a die shrink and new architecture, its fair to say they should be substancially faster than the current GTX card.

Also, you talk of AMD like they're some kind of god. I too was an AMD fan but not any more. Thye might have brought out the Barcelona but Intel have new faster chips in the wings and AMD have allegedly admitted that they are 3 quarters behind in the technology race, so there's no reason to suppose at the moment that Intel aren't just going to trump the Barcelon straight after its release, especially as the Penryn's are reported to have clock speeds as high as 4ghz compared to 3.2 as the top Barcelona.

Nothing certain at the moment but don't count AMD's / ATI's chicken before they hatched because Intel / Nvidia might just have a wolf waiting around the corner. :) 

EDIT: Another poster posted this in another thread:

http://www.siliconvalleysleuth.com/2006/09/intel_makes_...
May 12, 2007 9:02:10 AM

dude, i might be new to this forum but i created an account just to reply to this "flame".

TO BAD.
not overly sure why you are so committed to ATI. you think they are looking out for you. doubt it.
they are a business. they want money. unless you are getting paid or have sum other incentive for being a diehard loyal fan to them i would just get wateva is best for ur money and own pleasure.

enjoy the 8800
May 12, 2007 12:02:49 PM

I hear the R600 can't even beat the 8800 GTS. If that is true, there is no way it will beat the GTX. You might as well stop whining and get a GTX right now.
May 12, 2007 12:21:55 PM

Quote:

Or what? You'll die?

** please god hear my words... smite this ignorant dumb Fuk and let everyone be happy, him and us **

LMFAO! :lol:  :lol: 
May 12, 2007 1:25:34 PM

Quote:
AMD is better then intel

WTF :roll:

People we need to stop smoking crack 8O [/b]
May 12, 2007 1:59:55 PM

Aw, but then we'd lose all this interesting banter!

To sum up:

There really isn't enough evidence to suggest that ATI's final, released R600 video cards will be enough to warrant buying them instead of a GF8 card.

Wait a few days until there are reviews from a bunch of sites using publicly released drivers, then make your decision.

If it's a flop within that time period, then get a G80 card from nVidia.

If the R600s are good enough, then get one of those.

Nobody's making you get anything you don't want, it's up to you, it's your money. Don't rush into a video card purchase, it's a very expensive and important decision that decides how well your rig will perform in games. Make sure you get what's best for you.
May 12, 2007 2:24:56 PM

I can't wait until the R600's are finally released! Hopefully ATI will be able to compete with nVIDIA's 8000's so that it drives the prices down a little bit. I have already decided that for my next build I am getting one (possibly 2 if the prices drop considerably) 8800GTS cards. ATI lost my business when they failed to release a product on schedule (or anything NEAR close to on time). I don't mind buying nVIDIA's stuff even if it MAY be outperformed by the R600's. If that is the case, then they will just be that much cheaper when ATI launches. Right now there are not too many games (especially that I play) that aren't able to be played under MAX settings with an 8800GTS 320MB. ATI seems to be shooting themselves in the foot on this one and maybe it would be better for them to just sit out this round of video cards. IMO they have already lost and if/when they don't release a FLAWLESS set of cards (when they finally are released) they will be pissing even more people off because they are expecting nothing but the best since they have continuously postponed the release date. A failure for ATI to come up with a perfect product here may be devastating to the company, OR continuously postponing release dates for products may be something that other companies may follow suit on in the future if it turns out that ATI can pull off some sort of a miracle success.

ATI is teh SUXOR!!!1
May 12, 2007 2:40:58 PM

Quote:

I gotta say I agree altough I've always used ATi GPU. Starting with my first purchased system (not given by father), I've had Radeon 8500 (128MB version), followed by Radeon 9800Pro (still 128MB) and I now use Asus X1950Pro (256MB).

The performances gain is not enough, considering I'm still on a 19inches CRT @ 1280*1024/960, to switch to the GeF8800GTS/320. But with the way AMD execute on the GPU front now, I might very well switch to NVidia on my next upgrage at the end of 2007, early 2008.

If only AMD would have delivered there, maybe they would have had the extra cashflow they desperatly need right now until Barcelona gets out the doors. I guess a lot of poeple at AMD don't sleep tight now.
May 12, 2007 2:42:49 PM

Quote:
AMD is better then intel

WTF :roll:

People we need to stop smoking crack 8O [/b]

I second that motion!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
May 12, 2007 2:43:50 PM

Yes I agree, the average Joe who doesnt know squat going to the DELL and HP sites, looking for a computer, you know, average JOE? Hes the guy that outnumbers enthusiasts by about 40 to 1. Anyways, he is going to get a GRAPHICS card with his computer so he can play games. He doesnt know vram from a GHZ, but man is he looking forward to GAME. He knows he needs a graphics card, hes been told when he first looked at a computer from the guys at best buy, thathe NEEDS a graphics card. Yes, he is going to buy one WITH a graphics card, buyt Joe is smart, hes buying it online, and he BELIEVES the reviews from those sites. And of course, he LOVES those prices (SOOO much cheaper than Circuit City) If ATI isnt PERFECT theres NO WAY Joe will buy it, just no way...
May 12, 2007 2:54:31 PM

Quote:
Don't rush ATI, it'll take more than 2 years for them to release the r600

This just in: All available R600s have been allocated to the Amazing Compu-Beaver!

Compu-Beaver

Quote:
The Compubeaver, designed by Los Angeles resident Kasey McMahon, took three months to build and is literally stuffed full of the latest computer technology, including an Intel Core Duo processor, 160 gigabyte hard drive, and even a DVD burner so you can record your favorite TV programs off the National Geographic channel.

Clearly, since the R600 is late, it is the "latest technology" :lol: 

Also note they hadda use a Core 2 Duo since otherwise all games including Solitaire wouldda been CPU limited... :twisted:

/sarcasm
May 12, 2007 3:53:46 PM

I don't see how fake benchmarks can ease someone's pain. It's obvious they just used random numbers... the XT gained 20 FPS by switching from 4xAA to 8xAA?! The GTX having the same performance in Oblivion at 1920x1200 and 2560x1600 (which are both NOT CPU limited resolutions)?! No.
a c 112 U Graphics card
May 12, 2007 4:00:36 PM

Quote:

LOL
May 12, 2007 5:45:54 PM

Quote:

How you figure?

@CrownRegent
You waited this long, what's a couple of days to see how it turns out? Or are you just posting for the sake of posting?
May 12, 2007 7:52:38 PM

He has A.D.D and just wants attention.

@Ape: Yeah it tends to do that this time of the year, however there is nothing like skiing in your t-shirt.....you just need to hope you don't fall.
James
May 12, 2007 8:21:56 PM

Its a company that merged, of course there may be issues.
Anyway, the R600 will be great :) 
May 12, 2007 8:23:03 PM

Quote:
Its a company that merged, of course there may be issues.
Anyway, the R600 will be great :) 

We are all hoping for AMD's sake, but don't post what no one knows nor can back up.
James
May 12, 2007 8:40:29 PM

I think all that cry about R600 it's lie, ordered by Nvidia. Nvidia wants to make people think that R600 truly suck. But I think it dont. On monday we see its power to own nvidia
!