IM DONE WITH THE R600 BS!

Crownregent

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
OK im sooo sick of the phony Advertising of R600.
First AMD tell us to wait until Dec for the R600 then to Q1 07 then to may and now maybe July?? WTF!!!!!!
IMHO they lost all my respect when they pulled a Gabe Nevell. With that i mean " Oh the source code was stole" YEAH RIGHT!!! the game wasnt even close to be done. So imo ATI and Valve can go screw themself with a Spiked Flail or something equally painful anally!

So to make my FLAME short. They have until ENd of may to cough up a decent 8800 GTX killer with DDR4 Ram or else i will change to be a NVIDIA fan (god forbid) (Have HATED nvida since their CRAPPY Geforce 1)
Anyhow Either cough up the goodies or i wont buy another Ati product until end of time. And if they cant do so. they might as well go belly up!

So long you DICKWAD MR RUIZ!!!

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
What are you talking about? You must wait for DAAMIT. :lol: If you want kickass DX10 performance now just go buy a Geforce 8800. I have to admit, that 8800 GTS 320 is looking mighty tempting. :D

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
What are you talking about? You must wait for DAAMIT. :lol: If you want kickass DX10 performance now just go buy a Geforce 8800. I have to admit, that 8800 GTS 320 is looking mighty tempting. :D
We don't know how well the 8800s perform in Direct X10.

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
Just get the 8800GTX. ATI has lost this round.

He must not do that. He has to wait. In fact, come to think of it... waiting is such an excellent idea. If you wait say, another two years or so, you'll end up with a far faster video than if you were to buy one now. You've waited six months, what's another two years on top of that? :lol:

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Less just say the 8800 GTX sucks at Dx10, who cares there aren't any titles out and until there are titles selecting a cutting edge card for that purpose is pointless. Those of us who buy a top-end card don't really care. The reason is that when something better comes along we'll buy it rather than getting stuck in this analysis paralysis of the forums. I bought my 8800 GTX the day that hit the shelves amidst all this wait and see BS. More than 6 months later it's the same song and dance.

They have until ENd of may to cough up a decent 8800 GTX killer with DDR4 Ram or else

Or what? You'll die?

** please god hear my words... smite this ignorant dumb Fuk and let everyone be happy, him and us **

i will change to be a NVIDIA fan (god forbid) (Have HATED nvida since their CRAPPY Geforce 1)

If you didn't at least respect the GF 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 & 8 when they came out you were an idiot!

Anyhow Either cough up the goodies or i wont buy another Ati product until end of time.

Who cares, bandwagon jumpers like you are just as bad a fanbois only you're being a dumba$$ because you think someone owes you something.

JackA$$ !! :roll:

TonyStark

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
padlockqs9.jpg

Less just say the 8800 GTX sucks at Dx10, who cares there aren't any titles out and until there are titles selecting a cutting edge card for that purpose is pointless.

Uh, no, at this point in time it's very relevant.
Anyone who waitied this long to decide on their NextGen Card (aka DX10 card) upgrade instead of when the GTX launched or the GTS-320 arrived is looking for value for their money just in time for DX10 titles, so it matters VERY much. Buying a $300-500 card for someone planning to hold on to it for 2 years DX10 will be the life and death of these purchases, because like the FX series if either sucks at DX10 then they will have wasted about half of their $100+ premium over a last generation DX9 card.

Those of us who buy a top-end card don't really care.

And thus should already own a GF8800 or else you do care.

The reason is that when something better comes along we'll buy it rather than getting stuck in this analysis paralysis of the forums. I bought my 8800 GTX the day that hit the shelves amidst all this wait and see BS. More than 6 months later it's the same song and dance.

Not really, I recommended all 3 cards at some point, because they were (and some still are) simply the best option for current cuyers. However should it come to light that there were a DX10 weakness in either card, at this point in time whomever has waited this long to buy a new card is obviously not part of the buy on launch day replace every year crowd regardless of price, so it will matter very much, because if they waited 6 months to pick their card, then I'm certain they expect it to last longer than 6 months as a worthy use of their money.

Unlike the R300 vs GF-FX the weaknesses will be apparent very quickly.
All the major new titles and updates of 2007 are DX10 (FSX, Halo2, Crysis, UT3, COH2, Supreme Commander, Lost Planet, Call of Juarez) all of which arrive within the next 6 months.
So while they might still be 'playable' with whichever one turns out to be the FX, why bother at this point in time spending money on a solution that will soon be struggling in games, compared to one that will do better, when neither really 'struggles' in DX9 titles by any stretch of the imagination, even if one or the other is +10/-10% in DX9.

Personally I don't think it will even be that clear cut since there willl be some optimizations and work arounds, but either way sayng that DX10 is pointless to consider at this point is just ignorant. It was pointless last year when DX10 was about a refresh cycle away anyways, now there's good reason to consider it, especially when the only people left waiting to buy next gen cards are those buying them for the long haul, not those who will replace their cards at the drop of a hat. Heck some SLi XXX person would probably buy a whole new Xfire HD2900/2950 rig if it meant noticeably better gameplay in Crysis, and I dare say 2 months later if UT3 favoured the GF8900 or G90 or whatever, that he might even switch again if he loved that game, or felt people would be impressed by it. Hoever most people who've waitied this long in their buying cycle, are looking for the best long term solution for their $300-500 not something that they will swap out again in 6 months time.

daye159

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007
im gettin a HD2900 or 2950 cuz ATI is better then nvidia n now that AMD is part of ATI its gonna be even way more betters :D :D

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
NO ONE BLOODY CARES.

im sorry... i just HAD TO.

ive seen too many of these kind of threads and quite frankly just dont see the point of it. "oh no, r600 doesnt beat 8800gtx! the worlds come to an end!" or, " oh no! r600 doesnt beat 8800! i MUST suck NVIDIAS !$%%^^ now."

:roll:

go die. we dnt care whether youve waited or not. weve all waited. so what makes you so special that you can post somthing thats already known? what point are you trying to show that hasnt already been shown? what makes your " flame" so good that you must go tell everybody about it?

ITS YOUR MONEY. WE DNT CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH IT.

TonyStark

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
im gettin a HD2900 or 2950 cuz ATI is better then nvidia n now that AMD is part of ATI its gonna be even way more betters :D :D

ATI is better than NVidia huh? Tell me, which ATI card is faster than an 8800GTX?

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
OK im sooo sick of the phony Advertising of R600.
First AMD tell us to wait until Dec for the R600 then to Q1 07 then to may and now maybe July?? WTF!!!!!!
IMHO they lost all my respect when they pulled a Gabe Nevell. With that i mean " Oh the source code was stole" YEAH RIGHT!!! the game wasnt even close to be done. So imo ATI and Valve can go screw themself with a Spiked Flail or something equally painful anally!

So to make my FLAME short. They have until ENd of may to cough up a decent 8800 GTX killer with DDR4 Ram or else i will change to be a NVIDIA fan (god forbid) (Have HATED nvida since their CRAPPY Geforce 1)
Anyhow Either cough up the goodies or i wont buy another Ati product until end of time. And if they cant do so. they might as well go belly up!

So long you DICKWAD MR RUIZ!!!

Just buy a 8800GTX and shut your trap. Then when a better card comes down the road, shut your trap. I along with others don't want to hear your whining. I'd rather see a finalized product then something thats released with nothing but bugs. By the way if you hate Nvidia so much and are pissed at ATI for not releasing their card, just get Intel's ultimate intergraded solution :p
There is no need for this crap.
James

go die. we dnt care whether youve waited or not. weve all waited.

Too bloody right, I agree.
fing34xx1.gif

And if I see another 'I've waited...." FAQin thread again I'm gonna take a hot steamer on someone's head!

Oh, BooHoo, you've waited 'til now!?!
$crew you, some of us waited longer for anything like this from either company, there's no Freakin' Laptop version and NEITHER AMD nor nVidia are bringing out their GF8600M / MHD2600 to market until June, so we've got longer to wait!

SO BITE ME! You could've bought alot of options between now and then, the GTS-320 was ripe many moons ago and the high end always had the GTX; but for some of us there is no similar option so waiting is not a luxury like it is for the whiners, but a forced detention for us!

ITS YOUR MONEY. WE DNT CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH IT.

Exactly, and like they say in Snatch; 'We'll throw a dog a bone of advice, but we don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You whine about the wait again and I'll cut your FAQin Jacob's off.'
kickinnutsvz7.gif

Thank god I'm going skiing this weekend or I'd have to start killin' n00bz the closer we approached launch day !! :evil:

senor_bob

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Let me summarize for you:

Waaa waaa waaa I waited 7 months for the R600 to come out and now that t comes out in 2 days I can't stand to wait any more... AMD is the devil...

I've had it with the "I've had it with R600" threads. Buy an 8800, wait for the R600, whatever, just shut up already.

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
the ATI HD2900 is way better then the nvidia 8800gtx

just becuz its ATI enuff said

No you didn't say enough you IDOIT! What is wrong with you, you shouldn't have the right to post just like the OP and anyone else who posts these R600 threads. That's like saying AMD is better then Intel, well guess what Core2Duo is kicking anything AMD can put on the market. They have to make thier prices dive to stay competitive and the recent news about Penryn just rubes AMD's nose in Intels shit. Now post some accurate benchmarks or STFU, o wait, there are none.

TheGreatApe, No one is holding you back. Launch all hell on him when ever you like.

On another note, you going to Sunshine?

James

On another note, you going to Sunshine?

Yep, probably Sunday, but if it snows overnight up there (expected -2 to -4C overnight 10% chance of precip) then I'm Audi-5000 @ 7am (got my alarm set for 6:30, car's already packed). 8)

Next week Slush Cup for sure!
Just gotta remember sunscreen this time, burned my big shnoz at Louise 2 weeks ago. :oops: