Whats wrong with the vista rating system

betrayer_

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Not that this is really important, but my vista rating is at 1.0, despite my killer system (my system spec is on my sig)

I got:
Processor: 5.9
RAM: 5.7
Graphics: 1.0
Gaming Graphics: 1.0
Harddisk: 5.4

Come on!!! I mean, 8800GTX rated as 1.0?!?! with the latest drivers?!!

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004
probably because your gtx is not good enough...just kidding!

i wouldn't even pay attention to the vista rating thing, it doesn't really know what it's talking about in many regards. As long as actual in game performance isn't being compromised, then i wouldn't worry about it.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

Well, for the graphics assessments.... yeah, it doesn't know what it is talking about a lot of times. My Radeon X300 graphics cards was rated as a 2.0 for the business assessment and a 3.0 for the gaming assessment..... which is pretty darn freaked up, because the X300 should do business stuff and Aero better than gaming stuff!

lp231

Splendid
Their could be something wrong with the XML file for your rating system.

Go to C:\windows\performance\winsat\datascore and delete the xml files that in it.
Launch the vista performance utility and you should see dashes where the scores once was.
Now run the test and your new score should appear.

There is a dos version which give you more details as to what WinSAT does

Forgot...
Also delete the Winsat.txt file in C:\windows\performance\winsat

sleepyhead

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
Same thing happened for me (1.0 score for graphics) when I first built my computer. I kept hitting the "refresh score" link (forgot the actual name) and it would appear to do something and then sorta go into limbo. I updated my video card drivers and still nothing immediate happend. After some fiddling with it, I refreshed everything and rebooted and I finally had a 5.9 in graphics. So I don't know exactly how the score got refreshed, but I'm confident that you can do it if you keep trying.

After everything was said and done, I scored a 5.9 in everything except my processor which was a 5.7.

G

Had this with my 1950 pro, solved it by removing drivers and 1950 pro, rebooting,shutdown and re-installing card and drivers, then worked perfectly, ps 5.9 gaming and aero for agp 1950pro, 4.3 system for processor p4 3.0ghz

mweidler

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2007
I get 5.9 on everything..except the memory. which doesnt make sense to me because I have 8GB pc8000 ram. It gives me 5.6 on the memory. the same score it did with 4GB .
Is there a reason for this or just one of those meaningless things

The rating system measures throughput for each subsection, not necessarily "speed". I am running my RAM at 'only' 800Mhz, but get a 5.9. Why?? Because I have the FSB cranked up to 400 (1600), so the bandwidth of that whole subsection is greatly increased.

There is a link above explaining WEI in much more detail.