Iv been trying to get the PS3 to ceoonect to my PC but i cnt seen to get it to work.
Tried enabling Media Sharing in WMP 11 and seems to work. Then, open Media
Sharing properties again and get the following error message: "Media sharing
has been turned off because a required Windows setting or component has
changed. For additional assistance, click Web Help."
Clicking Web Help takes you to a MS site that tells you this:
Media sharing cannot start
Media sharing has been turned off because the Network Sharing Service
component encountered a problem. See the following sections for information
about how to resolve the problem for the version of Windows that you are
None of their suggestions fix the problem, though.
im using XP SP3, ummm any help would be fantastic, iv enabled all sorts of stuff and re-installed media player, tried it without a libery, with a libery, cant seem to get it to work,
so yh, any sugestions would be much appriciated
More about :ps3 connect media player wmp media sharing
I got that error yesterday and its driving me nuts.
(Media sharing has been turned off because a required Windows setting or component has
changed. For additional assistance, click Web Help." I triede doing what it said but that didnt work so..
I had everything working great, I have 3 PC's, 2 laptops and a PS3. All of them share media from my monster pC. Then this happend.
so I started looking and found some useful ideas but none of them worked.
1 - I unsinstalled all of windows media
2 - deleted any and all databased that showed under my local settings profile
3 - Ran a full system scan with system mechanic, NIS 2007 and then windows defender. (of course no errors were found)
4 I rebooted the started with WMP10, I got that to work fine loaded my library (3000+ songs and some videos)
5 then I upgraded to WMP11 AND I GOT THE SAME FREAKIN PROBLEMS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't add to my library and I couldn't share anything.
So my as my last resort I created another profile (on WinXP SP3) and everything seems to be working fine. My guess is one of microsofts recent updates screwed with an existing file.
SO THE BIG FIX IS... create a new profile and rebuild your library, reassociate your server with your PS3 or Xbox.
It werked fer mi. Try it maybe it'll work 4 u 2. No guarantees though...
Keep on T-shootin Techs.
Oh if any1 is wondering my system stats are (Win XP SP3, 1.8GHz AMD, 1.5GB mem, 80GB EIDE, 160GB EIDE, 1 USB 250GB Drive and 1TB Drive