mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I work in a pharmacy and we had one connection for our T1 line for pharmacy claims and credit card transactions. We recently added another network card for the internet, which is "local area connection 2". Now when we process a claim it sometimes takes a while for it to go through. I am thinking that the system is sending the claim to "connection 2" (which is not going to work) and then going to "connection 1" and working. Is there something I can do so my system always goes to "connection 1" first?

I am on Windows XP sp2.

Thanks!

Eddie

G

Manually set the IP address of "Local Area Connection 2" that's outside the DHCP range and don't include a Default Gateway.

Grumpy

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Manually set the IP address of "Local Area Connection 2" that's outside the DHCP range and don't include a Default Gateway.

Grumpy

I know about the gateway setting, but what is DHCP? I don't recall seeing that under the connection settings.

G

DHCP = Dynamic Host Control Protocol which means an IP address is assigned to your computer (by a DHCP Server) when it boots. You need to configure a Static IP address without the Default Gateway.

Grumpy