Sign in with
Your question

Help ! Unusual problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 12, 2007 11:01:13 AM

I just restarted my pc and all of a sudden the colors are all wierd and out of proportion, I'm thinking it could be a graphic card problem but i am really unsure. It cant be my monitor problem if i took a screenshot and it posted it here right? My specs are a e6400(not OC'ed ever), sapphire ati radeon x1900xt 256mb, 2 gigs corsair ddr2 pc6400 ram, 320 seagate barracuda hard drive. My monitor is a sceptre 19inch widescreen lcd if it helps.

Here's a screenshot>

If you guys can help me to what i have to do to fix this or figure out where the problem lies, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

More about : unusual problem

May 12, 2007 12:35:02 PM

Do you have another display you can plug you PC into? If the screenshot showed up without skewed and miscolored areas, chances are it's your display. Check the DVI/vga input on both the back of your PC and monitor, as sometimes when the adapted gets jarred or moved, it can stop certain colors from appearing on a display.
May 12, 2007 4:08:47 PM

Did you recently update your drivers? That can also mess up your colors, because Catalyst Control Center has a color management system.

Erm, could you also define weird? I don't see anything that looks that... wrong, with your screenshot.
May 12, 2007 7:06:43 PM

yeah i figured, its my monitor then. I loaded up that screenshot on another display and it looked fine. Damn cheap lcd's ;(
!