noob Success! vDIMM BIOS question

machdoc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Finally finished putting it all together. Successful POST first time and 5 hours of Memtest86 error-free.

My RAM is 2.2V and when I went to adjust timings and Voltage in the BIOS, it initially let me do so---(+0.4V)---but re-boot gave a "failed" under memory somewhere so I set the Voltage control to Auto and it worked.

When I change it back to manual, it still won't let me change the vDIMM despite pressing Ctrl-F1.....any thoughts out there on this?

Thanks for making my build a success thus far...gotta install OS today.

akhilles

Splendid
1st off, i think the overclocking forum is more fitting for this thread.

If the ram won't run at stock settings as per manufacturer, then the info is incorrect. Take my old corsair for example. corsair lists it as such voltage. I stuck to it & never got it stable until I dug around & found the undocumented correct settings in their forum. 5-5-5-18 1.9v for mine. Listed as 5-5-5-15 1.9v. Now kingston doesn't even list the details so I set 'em as auto, install xp, got the details from cpuz, put these in bios. bingo! Also watch for the POST which gives some info.

I think your ram may need 2.3v - the safest maximum voltage. Beyond that is void warranty.