Nero 7 won't install in Vista 64

Hi,
I purchased Nero 7 Ultra edition and it won't finish installing. I don't have an internet connection yet because I'm waiting on my anti-virus software. In the middle of the install it says that windows installer has incurred an error (or something like that) and has to close? I don't get it.
7 answers Last reply
More about nero install vista
  1. I have/use Nero, but the version is 8, not 7. I', not sure of 7 will work on Vista.
  2. You can download a free 30 day trial of Kaspersky internet security 7.0.
    Thats what I installed when I first installed vista cause my old Norton 2005 wouldnt work anymore.
    Im still using it and waiting for the oem version to arrive in the mail. It was only $20 at purplus.com, its $75 for the retail box at newegg.
  3. I don't understand, I was asking about Nero.
  4. faromic said:
    I don't understand, I was asking about Nero.

Quote:
    I don't have an internet connection yet because I'm waiting on my anti-virus software.

Hmmm....still dont get it??
  5. You're going to have to wait for an internet connection. The retail Nero 7 doesn't work with Vista. They have an updated version you have to download.

The updated version has a 30-day trial key built in, just replace that key with the one you got with your retail package.
  6. avast is working fine for me
  7. A friend had the same problem, wouldn't install, went back to pc world and discovered there are 2 retail versions of Nero 7,one with Win xp on the box and one with Win xp/vista.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nero Windows Vista Internet Connection